Kanye West Announces New Name, Inspired By Louis Vuitton Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye West Announces New Name, Inspired By Louis Vuitton Show

Multi-platinum selling rapper Kanye West has announced a new rap alias now calling himself "Martin Louis The King, Jr."

West recently made the proclamation from a hotel room in France.

"Oh, hey world. As you can see, I'm in Paris, chilling -- due to the transactions early this week, I have some very, uh, grim news," West said in a video. "I know I've been called the Louis Vuitton Don, I know, I've been called a lot of names, uh mostly The Don, the Louis Vuitton Don -- due to what happened -- when the red shoes hit the runway, I was forced to change my name, to, Martin Louis The King, Jr. Address me as such. And until then, I will be in the building, swagger on a hundred thousand trillion." (Kanye Blog)

He was in Paris attending last week's Louis runway show where his signature kicks were displayed.

"Overwhelming -- I've wanted to be a fashion designer my entire life," West said reacting to seeing his sneakers in the showcase. "And to see my stuff in the Vuitton show was something else. It was a dream come true. And the way those guys were styled -- they were dressed better than me!" (Los Angeles Times)

Ye's forthcoming Vuitton shoes are set to drop this summer.

"I was just showing them my new Louis," Kanye said while walking out of a Louis Vuitton store. "I can't show you too much of that, though. These aren't coming out until June." (TMZ)

source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X