Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why we dont like modern day rappers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we dont like modern day rappers!

Rapper Lil B is coming out as a straight, gay man, and it's costing him many of his hard-earned fans. Not that it bothers him.

The rising hip-hop MC and former member of The Pack announced earlier in April that he planned to name his upcoming album "I'm Gay," despite not being a homosexual. For him, it's a re-appropriation of the word, as well as a statement in support of the gay community.

"I'm very gay, but I love women. I'm not attracted to men in any way. I've never been attracted to a man in my life. But yes I am gay, I'm so happy. I'm a gay, heterosexual male," he told MTV. "I got major love for the gay and lesbian community, and I just want to push less separation and that's why I'm doing it."

Even so, the album title has spawned a nasty backlash against him, as he said he's "many of my supporters have turned on me," and he gets messages from some saying "I'm gonna bash your head in," "you fa**ot," and 'I'm gonna kill you."

The Berkeley-based rapper said that he's trying to break barriers in the hip-hop world; former MTV producer and hip-hop expert Terrence Dean recently wrote a book, titled "Hiding In Hip Hop: On The Down Low in the Entertainment Industry From Music to Hollywood," about being a gay member of the rap community and the hurdles that those involved still need to overcome in a column for HelloBeautiful.com.

"Hip Hop is a culture and environment which does not provide a safe place for an artist to come forward or to come out," he wrote. "If you listen to many rap lyrics they promote hate and gay-bashing. It is an environment where the thug and gangster mentality is prevalent. Artists boast of a hyper-masculine bravado, with their crotch-grabbing, degradation of women, and their braggadocios lyrical slaying about the number of women they've slept with and children they’ve produced."

It's those type of examples that Lil B said he's trying to fight against.

"One-hundred years later, people gonna thank me, because people are going to be free. And that's the main thing. Even if it's 1 percent of the people that listen to me and are gonna be free, that's better than none," he said. "That's better than not speaking up at all ... and I spoke up and I did it."

FOLLOW HUFFPOST ENTERTAINMENT ON

Lil B = Little Bisexual
    no wonder why he has chosen that title
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

wtf is going on in this world
      2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

this just in he is really gay
        "I am on a drug – it’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

Comment

i think im gonna start sayin im a lesbian im a male thats str8 but i feel im a lesbian....FAIL!
          Say no to Trump.

Comment

being gay was a disgrace before, now they're coming out from left and right, fuck that ! i want my idol to be rough, rugged and raw !

Comment

disgusting

Comment

This nigga gay.

Comment

Hating people because they are gay is so childish, its 2011.

People forgets were pac was fighting for? Freedome, no discrimination, be the way you want too.

Comment

yeah. I don't have anything against gay people, as long as they stick their cocks in someone's other ass, not mine.

Comment

way to kill off your fanbase with one interview lol

Comment

Originally posted by insanity View Post
                        being gay was a disgrace before, now they're coming out from left and right, fuck that ! i want my idol to be rough, rugged and raw !
                        lol now that sentence sounded gay.

Comment

^^how is that gay ?

Comment

being gay was a disgrace before, now they're coming out from left and right, fuck that ! i want my idol to be rough, rugged and raw..inside of me !
                            ^^how is that gay ?

Comment

lmao, it looks like we have a little "cumming" out of the closet here....

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X