Snoop Dogg Expresses Opinion On Why 'Detox' Has Yet To Be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Dogg Expresses Opinion On Why 'Detox' Has Yet To Be Released

Despite the release of two singles, "Kush" and "I Need A Doctor" featuring Eminem, Dr. Dre's long awaited Detox album has yet to receive a release date, leaving fans anxiously waiting.

One of the super producer's longtime collaborators, Snoop Dogg, recently expressed his opinion as to why the mythical album is still delayed, and what needs to be done to get it completed.

Via an interview with Tim Westwood, Snoop explained.

"It's a formula," the west coast vet explained. "When we made records in the past, it was always girls, it was always party, it was always the right atmosphere to create that type of album that sounds like the albums you have heard in the past. If there's not that atmosphere, you can't create that kind of album. So that's what's happening right now -- the songs don't match the atmosphere and the atmosphere don't match the songs."

Previous Dre albums, 1992's The Chronic and The Chronic 2001, featured artists that today have become legendary on the west coast -- including Nate Dogg, The Dogg Pound, the D.O.C., and RBX, to name a few -- and Snoop says without some of those key ingredients, Detox probably will never come to fruition.

"What we're accustomed to hearing from Dr. Dre is: the brand new next best everything; and right now people are not getting that," Snoop explained. "He knows that... he's a perfectionist, until he gets that, he's not going to release it because he doesn't want the scrutiny of people saying 'ah I waited this long for that?'

"I just think the wrong people are in the environment," he continued. "When he made records that were hit records in the past, D.O.C., Snoop Dogg, RBX, Kurupt -- it's like it's pieces that's not there that need to be there. And I'll say D.O.C. and Snoop Dogg is the backbone. When you take those two out of the equation, it's not gonna work. You need to put them two back into the situation and let us mastermind and the project like we did Chronic and 2001. That's what's missing."

While Snoop has been working with Dre on Detox over the past few years, obviously, he's not there as much as he feels he needs to be.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X