Eminem's 'Crack A Bottle' Breaks Digital Sales Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem's 'Crack A Bottle' Breaks Digital Sales Record

Eminem still has it. After a long hiatus away from music, the rapper returned early this year with a brand new single titled "Crack A Bottle," featuring 50 Cent and Dr. Dre, and it's catching on quick.

According to Billboard.com, the single soars from no. 78 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart to no. 1 this week, setting a Nielsen SoundScan record for opening week download sales with 418,000 sold.

The first-week total beats out the previous record holder of 335,000 downloads by T.I.'s single, featuring Rihanna, "Live Your Life."

Among all weekly totals, "Crack A Bottle" ranks third, behind only Flo Rida's "Low" (467,000 on Jan, 12, 2008 ) and Lady GaGa's "Just Dance" (419,000 on Jan, 10, 2009).

Despite a super-successful career for Em, its just the second Hot 100 no. 1 for the rapper and Dr. Dre. Em's first was 2002's "Lose Yourself," while Dre's came in 1996 as a guest on Blackstreet's "No Diggity."

The track will appear on Eminem's forthcoming solo project, and now, it's expected to be included on 50's forthcoming Before I Self-Destruct as well.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

Dunno if i should be happy. Hope its not on relapse.

the song was alright..it wasnt that good..but he will sell what ever he puts out

Comment

eminem, he fell the fuck of a long time ago..shoulda stayed retired. i aint heard this crack a bottle shit but i just know its gonna be wack as fuck so i ant goinna waste my time with that bullshit..

Comment

I love this song, its all over the radio at the moment and the hook is catchy, shit producer, dope MC
        As far as anybody in the rap game ever tryin' to assassinate my character, that's impossible. You talkin' about a man who has always walked the walk and talked the talk.

Comment

... Wth, I'm suprised this actually is at number 1 on hot 100.

Comment

^
            Its not a bad song, though, any new emninem song/video always blows up here in the UK
            As far as anybody in the rap game ever tryin' to assassinate my character, that's impossible. You talkin' about a man who has always walked the walk and talked the talk.

Comment

It's an alright song but way overrated...Everybody's singing it and shit it's annoying...

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
              Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
              Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
              Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

Comment

I like the beat and the verses is not so bad

Comment

Eminem's back! Finally, bringin' that Hip-Hop back.

Comment

i hate eminem.....him singing on the chorus like slim shady is PLAYED OUT!! He even made Dr.Dre sound wack as hell with that gay verse .....by the way all this detox shit i've been hearing is so pathetic......all the songs r average...wtf!! After 9 years thats all u can come up with....DR.Dre has gone all commercial on us SMH!......eventhough i am not a huge kanye fan, at least he had the balls 2 do something different!
                    Last edited by baba; 02-28-2009, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I don't like the 50 Cent part, but it' still a good track.
                      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                      Vinyls: 60
                      Cassettes: 110
                      CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X