Common Disses Drake, Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Disses Drake, Official

Drake has taken offense to a song that appears on Common's new album The Dreamer/The Believer. On the track "Sweet" Common addresses rappers who sing too much on their records.

"Some hoes ass niggas, Singing all around me man. La la la, you aint muthaf*cking Frank Sinatra, Uh, lil b*tch, yeah, this the raw right here. Yeah this the raw right here n*gga. Sweet mutha****as, sweet ass b*tch muthaf*cka."

Drake heard the track and wasn't too happy about it. He told the crowd at Power 106FM’s Cali Christmas that just because he sings doesn't make him soft.

“I will never stop doing this for ya’ll. I don’t give a f*ck if you have something to say to me. Say it to my muthaf*ckin’ face. Just cause I sing don’t make me no b*tch.”

During Common's appearance on 106 & Park yesterday (December 19) he spoke about the song and said if the shoe fits, wear it.

"I'll say this, it's a lot of artists out there that sing. And I don't think there's anything the matter with singing, but I just feel like I wanted to stand up for hip hop to a certain extent and hear cats rhyming and hear some hip hop elements," Common told Rocsi and Terrence J. "So what I really was addressing was all those cats that are out there singing and if certain people feel offended by it then they fit in that category. But I always want them to know that it's just hip hop. And in hip hop you challenge people. What I said in Sweet, [Drake] must have felt like he was one of the people being addressed. So he decided to say what he had to say. I say we can keep it on a hip hop level. I think he's a talented artist. But I'm saying if you wanna get in the ring, we just gotta get in the ring. And I'm talking about on the mic."
    Love.

i hate drake and all this new rap era so called rappers

Comment

drakes a bitch enough said hes a weak rapper
      sigpic

Comment

Drake is fucking dope. He knows what sells. If any of you actually fell in love or had problems with women, you can vibe with his shit like no other. In addition, when he starts spitting, he goes pretty fucking hard. Common has nothing on Drake

Comment

Whos Drake? oh that ugly mofo with fat pussy lips lol

it wasn't even direct diss, but he felt called out because he can recognize himself in that line
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie View Post
            Drake is fucking dope. He knows what sells. If any of you actually fell in love or had problems with women, you can vibe with his shit like no other. In addition, when he starts spitting, he goes pretty fucking hard. Common has nothing on Drake
            common will rape drake like drake is a nobody.

In the 90''s everybody thought common was a pussy and not a hardcore rapper till he jumped on ice cube. Ice cube is one of my fav rappers, but common raped him hard in the 90''s.

Comment

Common = true hip hop legend, look at Resurrection, Like Water For Chocolate, Be.

Drake = a Fucking nobody (Lil Wayne bitch)

Comment

YES!!finally a real hip-hop head check these hoes but at the same time fuck common too, for dissin tha west.
                Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

YAY Common...I guess he summed that right the fuck up!!! HA HA....I hate DRAKE...bitch ass m***** f*****!!
                  "You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.”

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X