Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anniversary of Big Pun's death

R.I.P Pun: 20 Of Big Punisher’s Greatest Verses

On the 11th anniversary of Big Pun’s death XXL breaks down 20 of Big Moon Dog’s best rhymes…

On February 7, 2000, Christopher “Big Pun” Rios passed away from a heart attack. He was 28 years old. Needless to say, he was gone way too soon but his legacy endures. Pun was an incredible MC, the total package. He was a master of interior rhyme schemes (“The Hidden Hand”), hilarious sex romps that doubled as radio records (“I’m Not a Player”), storytelling yarns (“Fast Money”) violent repugnant massacres (“Leatherface”) and grand self-mythologizing pathos (“Watcha Gonna Do”). More than anything, however, he was a star who, somehow, shined brightest when rhyming alongside the greats of his era—he was the one rapper you didn’t want to follow on a posse cut.

Now, eleven years following his untimely death, XXL celebrates the work of a man that was one of the greatest rappers of all time. Here are the top twenty verses (in no order) of Big Pun’s short but amazing career.

Which one is your favorite?

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON XXLMAG.COM, DIRECT LINK: http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2011/...erses-feature/

R.I.P. Big Pun, U are sorely missed!

RIP Pun.
    Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X