No announcement yet.

who's better Dmx, 50 cent, ja rule?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ja Rule by far... this isn't even about biases either, let's just look at the facts.

DMX came out with 2 fantastic albums during 1998. And then there was X was his biggest commercial success but wasn't as solid as his early 2 albums (which were originally recorded and planned as a double disk set which explains the consistency throughout both). The Great Depression was good, but no where near the level of his early work, and from then on everything took a DRAMATIC turn for the worse. The majority of X's albums after the Great Depression took recordings he had done during 1996 and simply updated the beats and tweaked the lyrics. The problem with this is that the recordings in 1996 were full of emotion over beats that fit the content. However when they were actually used for retail albums, much like what has happened to Pac albums, the lyrics and beat don't mesh well, the lyrics lost impact, and overall the songs were sub par. DMX is a real raw rapper... what you see is what you get. That worked to his advantage in the beginning but showed how limited he was in the end as albums became repetitive and quality became horrendous. DMX lacks the intelligence in his rhymes and records that both Ja Rule and 50 Cent brought to the table.

50 Cent, while an intelligent business man has made his career off of Ja Rule. 50 Cent had to battle with nearly everyone in the game, have Dre production, and Eminem guest Spots (at the peak of his career no less) to gain notoriety. After Dre and Eminem left 50 to his own designs his album quality has dramatically fallen off and now he's quite literally still stealing ideas from Ja Rule just to stay relevant. 50 Cent on his last mixtape stole the title, sample, and lyrical content of a Ja Rule song from 2007 for god's sake. 50 made a big deal about Ja's duets and singing on records, yet have you heard 50's last few albums? They employ the exact same formula that Ja made famous. 50 Cent wouldn't exist without Ja Rule, case closed.

Ja Rule meanwhile is unjustifiably the most hated rapper around all because fuck heads write him off, yet he's had a bigger impact on rap music then DMX and 50 cent together. Ja Rule wrote Jay-Z's breakout hit Can I get a... and essentially blew Jay up. That record was made for venni vetti vecci but given to Jay. Ja Rule more or less pioneered the Rap/Pop/R&B colabo sound which is still to this day tearing up the air waves. Have you heard a drake song? Have you seen his numbers? You have Ja Rule to thank for that. Furthermore, Ja Rule's versatility and consistency is better then anyone in the Rap business hands down. Each album Ja has released has only increased in quality. You may not personally like what he brings to the table, but you cannot deny his lyrical ability and his solid production. Ja Rule is a victim of his own success and wanna be e-thugs who think that they're to "hard" to listen to Ja Rule. The proof lies in even the most recent release. None of the major critics wanted to review PIL2 because of the backlash that ultimately accompanies any Ja Rule review by the morons who still screem that 50 killed Ja Rule. Yet for the outlets that weren't complete dip shits and did take the time to review the album had nothing but positive things to say about his latest release and have gone so far as to say that it could be a Grammy contender.

If you put all other bull shit aside, Ja Rule 9 times out of 10 makes good music. DMX made good music in the 1990's but now can only manage a single or 2 every couple of years. (Hopefully now that he's clean again that will change with this summers release.) And 50 can only manage good music every couple of albums. Ja Rule has always been about the music which is why his quality is so high. DMX meanwhile is more interested in his next fix, and 50 Cent is more interested in what corporate product he can shill to the masses. 50 Cent is a corporate Monkey, DMX is washed up unless this new album turns out amazing, and meanwhile with no budget, being locked in jail, no promotion, and a bunch of dip shits yelling G unit as if it's 2003 Ja is still able to garner some Grammy talk and receive loads of praise for his lyrical content on PIL2 from the few critics brave enough to review his material.

This poll is bullshit as I guarentee everyone that voted for DMX hasn't heard a Ja Rule record since 2004. Ja has a work ethic that rivals Pac's. He is a true workman and has a vast collection of solid unreleased material that easily blows away everything else out there, however "Ja Rule is a pussy" so ya'll wouldn't know about that would you?

Comment

50 cent - power of the dollar/get rich or die tryin - during them periods had solid stuff imo.

DMX - always loved his music, theres no lying in this man.

Ja - in my book heavily under rated, i have all of his albums. i remember back in the day i was pro 50 (who wasn't) but now i've grown up i don't give a fuck who dissed who, i enjoy the music for what it is.

tough choice i cant make.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
        Venni Vetti Vecci was 100 times better.
        i agree race against time song was nice, we here now sounds good on the 1st verse, Only Begotten Son is nice too now dmx its dark and hell is hot is a better album

Comment

Originally posted by Havok View Post
          Ja Rule by far... this isn't even about biases either, let's just look at the facts.

DMX came out with 2 fantastic albums during 1998. And then there was X was his biggest commercial success but wasn't as solid as his early 2 albums (which were originally recorded and planned as a double disk set which explains the consistency throughout both). The Great Depression was good, but no where near the level of his early work, and from then on everything took a DRAMATIC turn for the worse. The majority of X's albums after the Great Depression took recordings he had done during 1996 and simply updated the beats and tweaked the lyrics. The problem with this is that the recordings in 1996 were full of emotion over beats that fit the content. However when they were actually used for retail albums, much like what has happened to Pac albums, the lyrics and beat don't mesh well, the lyrics lost impact, and overall the songs were sub par. DMX is a real raw rapper... what you see is what you get. That worked to his advantage in the beginning but showed how limited he was in the end as albums became repetitive and quality became horrendous. DMX lacks the intelligence in his rhymes and records that both Ja Rule and 50 Cent brought to the table.

50 Cent, while an intelligent business man has made his career off of Ja Rule. 50 Cent had to battle with nearly everyone in the game, have Dre production, and Eminem guest Spots (at the peak of his career no less) to gain notoriety. After Dre and Eminem left 50 to his own designs his album quality has dramatically fallen off and now he's quite literally still stealing ideas from Ja Rule just to stay relevant. 50 Cent on his last mixtape stole the title, sample, and lyrical content of a Ja Rule song from 2007 for god's sake. 50 made a big deal about Ja's duets and singing on records, yet have you heard 50's last few albums? They employ the exact same formula that Ja made famous. 50 Cent wouldn't exist without Ja Rule, case closed.

Ja Rule meanwhile is unjustifiably the most hated rapper around all because fuck heads write him off, yet he's had a bigger impact on rap music then DMX and 50 cent together. Ja Rule wrote Jay-Z's breakout hit Can I get a... and essentially blew Jay up. That record was made for venni vetti vecci but given to Jay. Ja Rule more or less pioneered the Rap/Pop/R&B colabo sound which is still to this day tearing up the air waves. Have you heard a drake song? Have you seen his numbers? You have Ja Rule to thank for that. Furthermore, Ja Rule's versatility and consistency is better then anyone in the Rap business hands down. Each album Ja has released has only increased in quality. You may not personally like what he brings to the table, but you cannot deny his lyrical ability and his solid production. Ja Rule is a victim of his own success and wanna be e-thugs who think that they're to "hard" to listen to Ja Rule. The proof lies in even the most recent release. None of the major critics wanted to review PIL2 because of the backlash that ultimately accompanies any Ja Rule review by the morons who still screem that 50 killed Ja Rule. Yet for the outlets that weren't complete dip shits and did take the time to review the album had nothing but positive things to say about his latest release and have gone so far as to say that it could be a Grammy contender.

If you put all other bull shit aside, Ja Rule 9 times out of 10 makes good music. DMX made good music in the 1990's but now can only manage a single or 2 every couple of years. (Hopefully now that he's clean again that will change with this summers release.) And 50 can only manage good music every couple of albums. Ja Rule has always been about the music which is why his quality is so high. DMX meanwhile is more interested in his next fix, and 50 Cent is more interested in what corporate product he can shill to the masses. 50 Cent is a corporate Monkey, DMX is washed up unless this new album turns out amazing, and meanwhile with no budget, being locked in jail, no promotion, and a bunch of dip shits yelling G unit as if it's 2003 Ja is still able to garner some Grammy talk and receive loads of praise for his lyrical content on PIL2 from the few critics brave enough to review his material.

This poll is bullshit as I guarentee everyone that voted for DMX hasn't heard a Ja Rule record since 2004. Ja has a work ethic that rivals Pac's. He is a true workman and has a vast collection of solid unreleased material that easily blows away everything else out there, however "Ja Rule is a pussy" so ya'll wouldn't know about that would you?
          Well I'll start with 50, the man has put up Classic tracks and Album I agree He hasn't made many good songs since lik 07/08 but Ja is the one that needs to step it up as His PIL2 Album isn't as good as the 1st and He needs to go back to the drawing board to get back to the top, as for DMX He Puts less songs out now but their always Dope when He does.

Comment

dmx then ja and 50 snitch he doesnt exist as far as im concerned

Comment

Originally posted by aubrio View Post
              dmx then ja and 50 snitch he doesnt exist as far as im concerned
              don't diss 50 He's a Legend and has put out plenty of Classic's.

Comment

dmx for me i listen to his shit all the time
                but im not a hater of either 50 or ja i do occasionally listen to both
                but the x man get`s my vote

Comment

Originally posted by LAWestCoastRida View Post
                  what ever you say boss

Comment

Originally posted by LAWestCoastRida View Post
                    A legend? no way.............

Dropping some hots joints, number 1 hits and a being a legend is something totally different. People give artists the label legend so fast these days.......................

Comment

DMX no contest
                      sigpic

Comment

No question DMX
                        Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

dmx seems more real and shows his deep emotions and secrets kinda like 2pac in a way, 50 and ja kidna sold out

Comment

Voted 4 Dark Man X
                            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

i thought it was crack man x, lol but i was watchin the show he was on about couples therapy seems like he had alot of demons as a kid, his mother beating him and leaving him in foster places and no food

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X