X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
    the first 2 albums are overrated!!!

that's how I see it:

The Slim Shady LP: Guilty Conscience, If I Had, Role Model, Rock Bottom ... 4 of 20 tracks are good ...too many interludes
    The Marshal Mathers LP: Stan, The Way I Am, Bitch Please II ...3 of 18 tracks are good ....too many interludes
    The Eminem Show: White America, Cleanin' Out My Closet, Soldier, Say Good Bye Hollywood, Without Me, Sing For The Moment, Superman, Hailie's Song, 'Till I Collapse ...9 of 20 tracks are good ...has also many interludes but the tracks are dope
    Encore: Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Just Lose It, Mockingbird ...3 of 20 tracks are good also many interludes
    Relapse: 3 am, My Mom, Hello, We Made You, Beautiful, Crack The Bottle (even with 50 Cent) 6 of 20 tracks are good
    Recovery: Cold Wind Blows, Talkin' 2 My Self, Wont Back Down, W.T.P., Going Through Changes, Not Afraid, Sedudaction, Space Bound, 25 To Life, Love They Way You Lie, You're Never Over 10 of 17 tracks are good ...no interludes, yeah.

The Eminem Show & Recovery are his best albums!!!!
    The Marshal Mathers LP overated? what u smoked lol

cd is full with classic songs.

Im a criminal for example, marshall mather is the best song from the album, im back etc. All great

I agree there to much interludes.

Comment

I only like the mentioned tracks
      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

SSLP,MMLP
        End Of Eminem´s Career.
        Or Am I Wrong?
        Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by Mob Souljah662 View Post
          SSLP,MMLP
          End Of Eminem´s Career.
          Or Am I Wrong?
          your wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
            your wrong!
            ...but his lyrics werent that good/provoking/shokcing/dope on the future releasese after sslp and mmlp right?
            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
              the first 2 albums are overrated!!!

that's how I see it:

The Slim Shady LP: Guilty Conscience, If I Had, Role Model, Rock Bottom ... 4 of 20 tracks are good ...too many interludes
              The Marshal Mathers LP: Stan, The Way I Am, Bitch Please II ...3 of 18 tracks are good ....too many interludes
              The Eminem Show: White America, Cleanin' Out My Closet, Soldier, Say Good Bye Hollywood, Without Me, Sing For The Moment, Superman, Hailie's Song, 'Till I Collapse ...9 of 20 tracks are good ...has also many interludes but the tracks are dope
              Encore: Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Just Lose It, Mockingbird ...3 of 20 tracks are good also many interludes
              Relapse: 3 am, My Mom, Hello, We Made You, Beautiful, Crack The Bottle (even with 50 Cent) 6 of 20 tracks are good
              Recovery: Cold Wind Blows, Talkin' 2 My Self, Wont Back Down, W.T.P., Going Through Changes, Not Afraid, Sedudaction, Space Bound, 25 To Life, Love They Way You Lie, You're Never Over 10 of 17 tracks are good ...no interludes, yeah.

The Eminem Show & Recovery are his best albums!!!!
              i agree on interludes, but you smoked alot of crack in your day by the sounds of it.

MMLP and TSSLP are amazing. eminem show he started to get whiney. encore is garbage as was relapse. that stupid accent makes him sound soft and stupid. i'd like to think the slim shady of 97-2000 would kick that relapse slim shady eras ass.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
                i'd like to think the slim shady of 97-2000 would kick that relapse slim shady eras ass.
                At what? A battle of wits? A rap battle of lyrics? I believe relapse era Eminem would win. He's more evolved and developed, in terms of style, flow, lyrical metaphors, delivery, pouch lines, rhyme patterns, and the complete lyrical structure of a song. It’s sort of like if someone said what would happen if the 2Pac from the Death Row era battled the 2Pac of 2pacalypse now era? I think the DR one would crush him in battle. But that’s my opinion.

Relapse was a complete departure from Encore, Encore was trash. It was a rushed product recorded in a pretty distorted altered state of mind which is reflect in the music. By Encore the drugs were no longer a enhancer, they were a hindrance in his ability to create. But the bulk of the songs on Relapse were recorded after Slim was released from rehab the last time. After he pulled him self out of a deep depression and a serious addiction to prescription pills. He also dealt with his weight issues. So this was a clear headed sober and more healthy Eminem and it shows in the music. Dre was producing in one room and Em would come in grab a beat, go in the next room and write to it and they came up with two cd’s worth of material.

Same Song & Dance
                Stay Wide Awake
                Hello
                My Mom
                Insane
                déjà vu
                Must Be The Ganja
                Medicine Ball

To name a few, are all sick beats and sick lyrics. Slim once said in an interview that he asked Dre which direction he should take his music in, what did people want to hear from him, and Dre told him they wanted the old crazy Em. The songs on Relapse are vary reminiscent of the Eminen of 97-2000, that’s what he was going for. Which is I why found it strange that you like the Em of yesteryears but not the Relapse Eminem.

He kind of took a big risk with that album going in that direction with the whole Dark thing. 3AM was the first single and video and that wasn’t really mainstream stuff, but a lot of old school fans appreciated it, they wanted the dark twisted Eminem back. The song We Made You was a late edition pushed by Interscope because they were getting a little worried about not having a “commercially viable” single. Crack A Bottle was originally a Dr. Dre song that happened to get leaked around the time of the Relapse album and it started growing legs on the net so they switched up the song and put it out as a single for relapse. Crack A Bottle was a safety net single, it wasn’t even meant for the relapse album but it had a buzz. So with that and We Made You, Interscope was more confident in the album being a commercial success. It sold like 3 million or something so it did alright. But look at his next album he went in a completely different direction, a more commercial one with features with Rihanna, Lil Wayne, Pink.

I don’t know, I just really like Relapse. For me it’s Eminem channelling his old self but in a new way. And the amount of material is enormous, between the disc, the bonus disc, the itunes tracks, and the internet leaks like Cocaine and the Proof tribute all solid stuff imo. Even the freestyles he did on Westwood Radio while promoting Relapse are crazy. Obliviously I’m not trying to say you are wrong about your opinion, I just share a different one is all.
                The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

what Biological said summed it up for me. I fuckin love Relapse, and the high pitched accent was funny and creative as hell. If you listen to the album without thinking it is Eminem spitting that shit but insted some underground newcoming artist you would go nuts on his style on that CD. Its just that people cant come over the hitch of Eminem spitting like he did in his debute albums. But this shit is definatly solid as hell.
                  www.gener80s.com

Comment

Originally posted by Biological View Post
                    At what? A battle of wits? A rap battle of lyrics? I believe relapse era Eminem would win. He's more evolved and developed, in terms of style, flow, lyrical metaphors, delivery, pouch lines, rhyme patterns, and the complete lyrical structure of a song. It’s sort of like if someone said what would happen if the 2Pac from the Death Row era battled the 2Pac of 2pacalypse now era? I think the DR one would crush him in battle. But that’s my opinion.

Relapse was a complete departure from Encore, Encore was trash. It was a rushed product recorded in a pretty distorted altered state of mind which is reflect in the music. By Encore the drugs were no longer a enhancer, they were a hindrance in his ability to create. But the bulk of the songs on Relapse were recorded after Slim was released from rehab the last time. After he pulled him self out of a deep depression and a serious addiction to prescription pills. He also dealt with his weight issues. So this was a clear headed sober and more healthy Eminem and it shows in the music. Dre was producing in one room and Em would come in grab a beat, go in the next room and write to it and they came up with two cd’s worth of material.

Same Song & Dance
                    Stay Wide Awake
                    Hello
                    My Mom
                    Insane
                    déjà vu
                    Must Be The Ganja
                    Medicine Ball

To name a few, are all sick beats and sick lyrics. Slim once said in an interview that he asked Dre which direction he should take his music in, what did people want to hear from him, and Dre told him they wanted the old crazy Em. The songs on Relapse are vary reminiscent of the Eminen of 97-2000, that’s what he was going for. Which is I why found it strange that you like the Em of yesteryears but not the Relapse Eminem.

He kind of took a big risk with that album going in that direction with the whole Dark thing. 3AM was the first single and video and that wasn’t really mainstream stuff, but a lot of old school fans appreciated it, they wanted the dark twisted Eminem back. The song We Made You was a late edition pushed by Interscope because they were getting a little worried about not having a “commercially viable” single. Crack A Bottle was originally a Dr. Dre song that happened to get leaked around the time of the Relapse album and it started growing legs on the net so they switched up the song and put it out as a single for relapse. Crack A Bottle was a safety net single, it wasn’t even meant for the relapse album but it had a buzz. So with that and We Made You, Interscope was more confident in the album being a commercial success. It sold like 3 million or something so it did alright. But look at his next album he went in a completely different direction, a more commercial one with features with Rihanna, Lil Wayne, Pink.

I don’t know, I just really like Relapse. For me it’s Eminem channelling his old self but in a new way. And the amount of material is enormous, between the disc, the bonus disc, the itunes tracks, and the internet leaks like Cocaine and the Proof tribute all solid stuff imo. Even the freestyles he did on Westwood Radio while promoting Relapse are crazy. Obliviously I’m not trying to say you are wrong about your opinion, I just share a different one is all.
                    i meant in terms of kicking his for being (imo) lame. i see what you're saying though about trying to bring the old style back but that accent was just ridicolous, i can't take him seriously on that album.

Comment

It's natural that an artist develop throughout the years, the chance that he would deliver something that made his old fans love him is lower now than earlier. He has still dropped a few very dope tracks over the last couple of years, maybe not the kind of music you would expect from him but anyways. Calling him as consistent as he were in his first 2 or argueably 3 albums would be a lie though, personally I prefer his early works but I don't think that he would be nearly as successful with his new works if it wasn't for the change of style.

Overall I think he's overrated anyways, I mean the man's entire style depends on shock lyrics and wordplay, wordplay, wordplay and wordplay. Sure, wordplay are one of the factors which can make a rapper great, and Eminem surely has some dope lyrics and a nice voice too, but that's about it.
                      Last edited by Tsubotai; 05-27-2012, 12:26 PM.
                      Winter Jamz download link: http://www.datpiff.com/2Pac-2Pac-Win...pe.295538.html

Single:

Comment

maybe i should chime in on this, since i spent over a week with him on his australian tour in december of last year and contributed to the over $10,00000 that he made for 3 shows.

To me the one word that described him was focused. I didnt know what he was like to tour with 10 years back, but on this tour he was a complete professional. No diva like demands and very thankful for the opportunity to tour in a country that hasnt witnessed him since the turn of the millenium (and one of his biggest fanbases)

You take away all that and to me he is still an incredible artist, even more so these days as hes no longer addicted. He'll always polarise opinions until the day he dies. I for one am incredibly excited for a new album, just seeing how dilligent he was on tour leads me to believe this next album could be amazing.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X