Del The Funky Homosapien Introduces 13 Point ‘Stimulus Package’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del The Funky Homosapien Introduces 13 Point ‘Stimulus Package’

Del The Funky Homosapien, of the underground powerhouse Hieroglyphics, announced recently plans to introduce his own 13-point "Stimulus Package" to the masses, through the a free album titled Funkman, dropping on April 7th.

His plan is to revive "the public at large" that is "over the whole rap era", as Del puts it. His overall goal is to make the future of hip-hop a more prosperous place during the current "recession of funk," according to a press release for the album.

"I got a 13-point stimulus plan that's guaranteed to restore funk to our government. It's called Funkman, come and get it now," says the rapper. "You don't have to pay nothing baby. It's free, on the house. ... You'll simulate your brain and your funk in areas where you need it most."

The 13-points stands for the 13 tracks included on the free album. While fans wait for April 7th to come, Del has released the Leak Pack series, volumes 1 and 2, as an added bonus on his site. Head over to DelTheFunkyHomosapien.Bandcamp.com.

"It's going to be sometime before any sensation captures people's interest on a whole again like hip-hop did," says Del. "I could be wrong, but I'm letting people know they need to mess with me in the meantime. People are jaded that's all, and I don't blame them. Things come to the head, places switching, it's a crazy trip."

In addition to the forthcoming free album, Del is planning a Funkman Tour, where he'll hit cities in Cali, Arizona, Texas, and Colorado starting April 8th.

Funkman tour dates are as follows:

4/08 - San Luis Obispo, CA @ SLO Brew
    4/09 - Pomona, CA @ Glass House
    4/10 - San Diego, CA @ Canes
    4/11 - Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee
    4/12 - Tucson, AZ @ Club Congress (early)
    4/13 - Flagstaff, AZ @ Green Room
    4/14 - Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
    4/16 - San Antonio, TX @ Warehouse Live
    4/17 - Dallas, TX @ Granada
    4/18 - Austin, TX @ Emo's Outside
    4/20 - Baton Rouge, LA @ Spanish Moon
    4/22 - Athens, GA @ Georgia Theater
    4/24 - Raleigh, NC @ Lincoln Theater
    4/25 - Wilmington, NC @ Soapbox
    4/28 - Boston, MA @ Middle East
    4/29 - New York, NY @ BB Kings
    5/01 - Baltimore, MD @ Goucher College
    5/03 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Utilitarian Church
    5/05 - Ann Arbor, MI @ Blind Pig
    5/06 - Columbus, OH @ Skullys (late show)
    5/07 - Lexington, KY @ Dame
    5/08 - Chicago, IL @ Reggies
    5/09 - Madison, WI @ High Noon
    5/11 - Columbia, MO @ Blue Note
    5/12 - Omaha, NE @ Slowdown
    5/14 - Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre
    5/15 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird
    5/16 - Colorado Springs, CO @ Black Sheep
    5/18 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Urban Lounge
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com
Who has read this thread:
Working...