Lil Wayne Explains Switch To Rock, Covers Rolling Stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne Explains Switch To Rock, Covers Rolling Stone

After moving more than 1 million copies in one week of Tha Carter III, does Lil Wayne have it in him to repeat the success with his upcoming rock album Rebirth? Will rock appeal to his fanbase? Or has he gotten so big that anything he drop have fans holding on to every word?

In a brand new interview for the cover of Rolling Stone, the rapper explains his switch to rock. According to Weezy, his lifestyle has helped influence his music. Obviously, he's living like a rock star.

"The rock sh** just comes from what my life is now. I've grown into this person," Weezy tells the mag.

"I woke up one morning and had three or four women in my bed where I not only didn't know their last names, I didn't know the beginning letter of their first names. All I know is, they're the most beautiful women in the world, and I was in my own place, in whatever city I as in. And I could have thrown a dart at the map, and I'd probably have a place there too. I knew my driver was waiting downstairs for me. When my nose finally cleared from all the weed I had smoked, I smelled food in the kitchen and I knew it was my chef. Then I look on my phone and see a message and know it's from a popular woman everyone knows. And when I went in the studio that night, I couldn't just rap, 'Yeah, n**** ... ,' " he continued.

Despite being dubbed the "best rapper alive" by a majority of hip-hop fans, Weezy and doesn't even want it. Actually, he wants to be the best, period, no matter what genre of music he's doing.

"I don't want to be the best rapper in the world. If I have a rap album I'm dropping, then I want it to be the best rap album. But I want to be the best. Period. Now. My favorite rapper hasn't done what I'm doing," he says later in the mag's cover story.

The rapper has leaked two tracks off the upcoming album, the single "Prom Queen" and a song called "Hot Revolver," both of which see Weezy using the auto-tune. While "Prom Queen" hasn't taken off like his popular single "Lollipop," Weezy doesn't seem to be worried. He admits that Rebirth may not appeal to all rock fans out there.

"I never said, 'Lil Wayne is going to rock, everybody.' I just got -- I'm not going to say 'so good' at what I was doing, but it became such a regularity for me that I got tired of it," Wayne said. "And then I said, 'You know what? I'm not going to rap on this one.' I always knew I couldn't sing, but I also knew I had a voice that isn't heard by many and that I could learn how to stretch it and make songs sound good. Therefore, I practiced that."

For the full Rolling Stone story on Lil Wayne, check out the latest issue of the magazine that hits stores Friday (April 3).
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

he gotten so big that anything he drop have fans holding on to every word
    Good prediction....will come to pass.

*rollseyes*

Everyday create your history.
    Every path you take, you're leaving your legacy.
    Every soldier dies in his glory.
    Every legend tells of conquest and liberty.
    Every hero dreams of chivalry.
    Every child should sing together in harmony.

Michael.<3

Comment

mmmmhmm..
      "I can make a million and still not get enough of spending" - Pac

Comment

do i have to say it again.... go away please lil wayne
        "I am on a drug – it’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X