Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMINEM THANKS FANS AND GEARS UP FOR NEW ALBUM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMINEM THANKS FANS AND GEARS UP FOR NEW ALBUM.

Eminem, who battled an addiction to prescription drugs, thanked his fans at a New York concert for helping him get through dark times. The 39-year-old told hundreds Thursday night(Aug. 9) that he "wouldn't have gotten out of that dark place without y'all" before he performed the Grammy-winning song "Not Afraid." He said the performance was "dedicated to anybody tonight who's been through personal struggles."
    Eminem's addiction and climb to sobriety is detailed in his 2010 album "Recovery." It was 2010's best-selling album.
    At the Hammerstein Ballroom the rapper performed more than a dozen songs at an event for the watch brand G-Shock, including the hits "Lose Yourself," ''Love the Way You Lie" and "The Real Slim Shady." Hip-hop foursome Slaughterhouse opened for the Detroit-born rapper.
    Eminem has also finally finished the new album from his Rap supergroup Slaughterhouse, and now he will turn his attention to crafting the follow up to Recovery. Em told SiriusXM Shade 45 radio host Sway Calloway that he is back in album mode.
    "I've actually kinda just started. I've been on the move a little bit too, so I've in between things, sneak songs in here and there," he said during the satellite radio interview. "We actually just finished the [Slaughterhouse] album last week... Now I've got time to be able to start doing things for my own project."
    As for his project with Royce da 5'9", Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden and Crooked I, Em said "I feel like hip-hop needs" the Slaughterhouse album right now. Their new effort, Welcome to: Our House, will drop on August 28, and Slim Shady stated that he was very hands-on with every track, sometimes spending weeks mixing one song.
    "All of Dre's little tricks, I've stolen over the years," Em said of his mentor/producer. The Slaughterhouse guys also added during the interview that though they pride themselves on their verbal abilities, they opted to focus on making the best possible songs for the album, even if it meant sacrificing individual time in the spotlight. "Nobody's in there trying to compete," said Budden. "It's about making songs now, trying to take that next step," Em added.
    Love.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X