Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timbaland & Missy Elliot Not Going To Participate In New Aaliyah Posthumous Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timbaland & Missy Elliot Not Going To Participate In New Aaliyah Posthumous Album

Ever since it was announced that Drake would be involved in the production of Aaliyah's second posthumous album there has been speculation as to whether the late singer's long time friends Missy Elliot and Timbaland would also participate.

Several days ago Jomo Hankerson, Co-Executive of Aaliyah's label Blackground Recordings told Billboard.biz that Missy and Timbaland would "definitely be involved." It now appears that won't be the case.

In a new statement issued to Billboard, Missy's manager says neither she or Timbaland will be working on the album.

"Although Missy and Timbaland always strive to keep the memory of their close friend alive, we have not been contacted about the project nor are there any plans at this time to participate," Mona Scott-Young, longtime manager for Missy Elliott, says. "We've seen the reports surfacing that they have been confirmed to participate but that is not the case. Both Missy and Timbaland are very sensitive to the loss still being felt by the family so we wanted to clear up any misinformation being circulated."

Missy also shared her thoughts on the situation.

"Tim and I carry Aaliyah with us everyday, like so many of the people who love her. She will always live in our hearts," Missy said. "We have nothing but love and respect for her memory and for her loved ones left behind still grieving her loss. They are always in our prayers."

Really shady that they weren't told about this project at all. Tim's a shadow of his former self but it would've been nice to see him do the finishing touches on any demos that he produced. Oh well.
    A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
    & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
    & getting the benefits that go along with it
    Everythin that's out here for kings like us
    The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
    They don't understand is because we really from Africa
    & that's where all this stuff come from
    & we originated from kings

Comment

they never let the people who actually worked with these artist projects when they were alive work on anything after they die.

Its sad imo.
      Love.

Comment

Yep all affilates of hers should of been first notified to see if they where interested yet they pulled the stunt they did

Comment

Perhaps they could show a little courtesy and respect to their so called "friend" to participate on Aaliyah's project? damm clowns

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
          Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

its like they destroyed left eye music with album "legacy"...i hope they wont do it with aaliyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jarek View Post
              its like they destroyed left eye music with album "legacy"...i hope they wont do it with aaliyah
              yes hope, when you did this projekt with the big nam Aaliyah, you should also think carefully and above all know what you're doing.
              But i hope anyone did it!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X