Roscoe Dash Says Kanye West, Wale Didn't Give Him Credit For Songwriting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscoe Dash Says Kanye West, Wale Didn't Give Him Credit For Songwriting

2012 XXL Freshman alumni, Roscoe Dash, has been on the rise over the past two years, appearing on various hit singles as the voice of the hook... and even through his songwriting. But, he doesn't always get credit, so he says.

The ATL singer/rapper took to Twitter Thursday (September 20) to express his furstrations over the lack of credit for music he's contributed to -- including the opening track for Cruel Summer, Kanye West's "To the World"; and Wale's "Lotus Flower Bomb", off his MMG debut, Ambition.

Via Twitter, Dash claims to have written both songs as favors for the artists, but never received the proper credits he deserved.

"Everybody go get the G.O.O.D album and listen to #1 then watch @kanyewest interview ... & tell me y I'm not on the credits," he wrote (@RoscoeDash).

"Can't do favors for n****s bcuz no matter how humble and generous u r to ppl n****s will take everything u have ... Even n****s u look up to"

"The most talented ppl get the least credit for everything and the crazy part is they put in the MOST work..."

"Same shyt with @Wale lotus flower bomb I wrote that for him b4 he even signed to Ross & it went #1," Dash continued. "....but nobody would kno that cuz I'm not in the credits"

"But EVERYTHING must eventually come to the light.... & I'm only speaking on this publicly bcuz there are so many ppl who wanna be apart of the industry but dnt Kno half of the sh** that goes on".

Wale seems to have responded, simplying tweeting (@Wale): "Nighas be wellin on twitter"
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X