Freddie Gibbs Confirms Departure From Young Jeezy's CTE Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Gibbs Confirms Departure From Young Jeezy's CTE Label

Freddie Gibbs hit Twitter with some cryptic tweets on Friday (December 7), declaring himself a free agent. So, is he no longer signed with Young Jeezy's CTE label? Did something happen?

The Indianna rapper called in Power 105's The Breakfast Club to clear the air, and confirmed that he's decided to leave the label that Jeezy built.

"It was a number of things. At the end of the day it was a good decision for myself and my family," Freddie said. "It wasn't nothing against him or none of that. It's just a move that I had to make personally and business wise.

"We just move in different ways. It's just best that he move in his way, best that I move in my way," he continued.

Although he's leaving, he says there's no animosity, and will be no diss records toward Young Jeezy.

Jeezy, who has inked a new deal with Atlantic for CTE, echoed Gibb's feelings, saying he just needed to push reset on his businesses. "Freddie is a talented artist and I decided that it's time to press reset on my career and business ventures. I have no doubt that Freddie will go on to be everything I believe he can be, and I wish him the best in his career."

#BFK is out now. It features 18 tracks with guests such as Krayzie Bone, Kirko Bangz, Jay Rock, Jadakiss, Curren$y, Young Jeezy, and others.

Hell Yeah! fuck Young Jeezy. Freddie Gibbs going to the top!

Comment

Yeah he better off him. Freddie Gibbs is a G.

Comment

Jeezy On Freddie Gibbs Leaving CTE

“Freddie is a talented artist and I decided that it’s time to press reset on my career and business ventures. I have no doubt that Freddie will go on to be everything I believe he can be, and I wish him the best in his career. This is a fresh start for the CTE brand as we re-launch it. This is why I chose to wipe the slate clean and create an outlet to support and nurture new artists to the best of my ability.”

Comment

hes a dope new talent,he has something to say not like that shit drake or the other crap shit those days...

shame that he leave this label...young jeezy is dope and together with him, they are great...hm

is factorial, and freddie has a lot to thank for jeezy...always have to go separate ways the best

what he mean about slick pulla ? hes leaving CTE too ?
          Last edited by Mr.Passion; 12-24-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X