Lil Wayne Explains Inspiration Behind 'I Am Not a Human Being II' Coverart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne Explains Inspiration Behind 'I Am Not a Human Being II' Coverart

Lil Wayne unveiled his Kanye West-designed coverart for the upcoming I Am Not a Human Being II album, but what does it mean? It features a red moth amongst a black background, but no one understood it. So, during a recent interview, he was asked to explain.

According to Wayne, it was all Ye's idea. The hip-hop star's creative company, DONDA, came up with the concept, which represents his client's life.

"[Kanye] said, you know, man, let me do your cover," the Young Money boss told The Times-Picayune. "I saw the cover and I approved it.

"[Kanye] had an explanation behind it -- he said, he chose the moth butterfly thing because it has so many different stages of life, and it goes through so many forms and changes, and no one can figure it out, and it's always beautiful. At a time it's ugly and at a time it's beautiful too. And that's me."

Due March 26, Weezy says the upcoming album will boasts a slew of guests and producers ... because he has "a lot of friends."

"That's what's unusual about the album. I'm usually a two or three feature-type guy," he explained. "But this album, I have a lot of features because I have a lot of friends, a lot of people that wanted to help out. And I have a lot of different production on it too. I got Juicy J, David Banner, Soulja Boy -- and that's the production."

Cool

Comment

That cover is extremely gay. Looks like a tramp stamp haha. Just sayin

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X