Alfamega Arrested, Jailed On Felony Gun Charges When Outed As Ex-Informant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfamega Arrested, Jailed On Felony Gun Charges When Outed As Ex-Informant

Atlanta rapper Alfamega has been pretty quiet since T.I. dismissed him from his Grand Hustle label, after The Smoking Gun (TSG) dropped a bombshell last week revealing that he served as a government witness before shooting to rap stardom.

There's a reason why the rapper's been so quiet about the situation. It's because he's in jail, and has been sitting in jail even before T.I. kicked him to the curb.

According to TSG, Alfamega (real name: Cedric Zellars) was arrested on April 29 on felony gun and obstruction charges, following a wild confrontation with cops.

An Atlanta police report says that authorities found a stolen .40 caliber pistol in the rapper's SUV during a search of the vehicle following a traffic stop -- the pistol was actually loaded and had a round in the chamber.

Once the gun was discovered, police say Alfamega became "combative and non-compliant", and tried to flee. That's when officers used pepper spray to subdue him to no avail. He took off on foot, and police chased him to a nearby parking lot where he was struck by police batons. However, the strikes did not stop the rapper.

He ran through the parking lot, climbed over a garage wall, and jumped "25-30 feet to the ground." The fall resulted in Alfamega breaking his ankle, allowing police to finally catch up to him.

The rapper was booked into a Fulton County jail, and charged with two counts of felony obstruction and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Last week, the TSG leaked documents showing that Alfamega once served as a DEA informant and government witness during the mid-90s, despite having a reputation as hardened criminal with multiple years in prison under his belt. He even bragged about how "real" he was during interviews.

"I came up in the first projects in the United States; I came up in Techwood projects," Alfamega told us in an interview last November. "I was in and out of the system since I was nine years old. So, when we were younger, when we were in and out [of the system], it was a badge."

While he did serve a lengthy stint behind bars, thanks to a federal gun case, Alfamega received an 18-month reduction for help in the conviction of a drug trafficker named Ali Baaqar, who he testified against at trial.

Since the revelation, T.I. has come forward, stating that he was "surprised" by the news. He essentially dropped Alfamega from his Grand Hustle imprint, crediting the rapper's "dishonest and misleading behavior" as the cause.

"He essentially deceived us by failing to fully disclose information about his past, and there is no place in our organization for dishonest and misleading behavior," T.I. explained.

Since the news, the rapper has not publicly commented about the situation.

Alfamega remained behind bars until Saturday when he made bail. If his case is picked up by federal prosecutors, he could face up to 10 years in prison.
    BallerStatus.com ยป Alfamega Arrested, Jailed On Felony Gun Charges When Outed As Ex-Informant

Damnit. I was looking foward to that Alfamega album too. As soon as I heard him featured on T.I.'s hurt I liked him.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X