Eminem Says Elton John Gave Him Advice During Rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem Says Elton John Gave Him Advice During Rehab

Eminem has been pretty open about his battle with drug addiction during his musical hiatus, in interviews with both XXL and Vibe magazines. He even said things got so bad, he almost overdosed.

So how, some way, he made it through, and today is over a year sober. However, Em reveals in a brand new interview, with Detroit's Metro Times, that another pop star helped him cope throughout his stint rehab.

"I talk to Elton [John] a lot. We became friends, and I talk to him about things, career-wise," Eminem said. "And he had a substance-abuse problem in the past. So when I first wanted to get sober, I called him and spoke to him about it, because, you know, he's somebody who's in the business and can identify and relate to the lifestyle and how hectic things can be. He understands, like, the pressure and any other reasons that you wanna come up with for doing drugs.

"Me and him have had similar lives and stuff," Em continued. "So I reached out to him and told him, 'Look, I'm going through a problem, and I need your advice.' I also talked to T.I. a lot and, you know, we exchange advice."

Despite the struggles and challenges -- from his addiction to pills to the passing of his friend Proof -- Em is a survivor. With his forthcoming Relapse album, the rapper is sure to further cement his place amongst hip-hop's greats.

Relapse hits stores May 19th.
    BallerStatus.com ยป Eminem Says Elton John Gave Him Advice During Rehab
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X