Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get On Down Records Readies Special Edition Of Ghostface Killah's Debut 'Ironman'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get On Down Records Readies Special Edition Of Ghostface Killah's Debut 'Ironman'

Boston-based Get On Down Records announced this week the upcoming release of a Premium Collection: Gold Edition of Ghostface Killah's 1996 solo debut, Ironman.

The special edition version of the LP is limited to 2,000 copies, which includes a 24 karat gold disc CD for highly-enhanced audio quality, a cherrywood trophy case where the album is stored with a custom-made "Ironman" plaque, and 48-page inserts featuring artwork, lyrics and liner notes by Chris Faraone.

Additionally, orders directly through Get On Down's website will included two gold foil stickers and a 12" x 12" cover art jigsaw puzzle. The pieces are available for the in-the-know pricing of $49.96.

By 1996, the individual members of the Wu-Tang Clan were establishing themselves as solo acts. Ghostface Killah's debut, Ironman, entered at #2 on the Billboard charts in late October and was gold with by early '97.

Like Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx album from 1995, Ironman is a "co-billed" effort, with the artist title marquee listed as: Ghostface Killah featuring Raekwon and Cappadonna. And like Rae's admirable sharing skills on Cuban Linx,/I>, Ghost only rocks solo on only four out of the album's 17 tracks, with a singular end goal: to create a classic.

Rae and Cappadonna, of course, aren't the only collaborators here: in true Wu family fashion, the guest list includes RZA, Method Man, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Masta Killa. And, in an interesting collaborational twist, R&B artists from three different eras -- Mary J. Blige, the Force MDs and The Delphonics -- lend a voice to the at-times soulful proceedings.

Order your copy of Ghostface's Premium Collection: Gold Edition of Ironman now, over at GetOnDown.com.

Oh sweet. This is actually my favorite Ghost album. I'd love to have this.
    The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X