Kendrick Lamar Crowned 'Hottest MC' By MTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrick Lamar Crowned 'Hottest MC' By MTV

The wait is over. After revealing the rankings, one-by-one over the past several days, MTV has finally crowned the top artist on its 2013 "Hottest MCs In The Game" list -- it's Kendrick Lamar.

The network finally unveiled the full list Thursday evening (March 7), and the Compton rapper made the top of the list, based on a unanimous vote by MTV's Hip-Hop Brain Trust.

2 Chainz finished at the #2 spot, while last year's top rapper, Rick Ross, falls to #3 . Nas made #4 and Drake closed out the top 5.

Before knowing he topped the list, Kendrick told Rap-Up.com that he believes MTV's list is "important" for hip-hop, despite backlash from both A$AP Rocky and Kanye West over their rankings on the list -- A$AP came in at #8 , while Kanye landed at #7 .

"It's very important for hip-hop," K.Dot said. "I love that they have debates like that. We need that. It's still competitive and I'm trying to compete with everybody to be the best."

MTV says the "Hottest MCs" list is based on a combination of rhyme skill, flow, buzz, commercial success, business ventures, web presence, and cultural influence.

Below is the full list. For more info, visit MTV.com.

1. Kendrick Lamar
    2. 2 Chainz
    3. Rick Ross
    4. Nas
    5. Drake
    6. Big Sean
    7. Kanye West
    8. A$AP Rocky
    9. Future
    10. Meek Mill

Cool

Comment

The rap game Is a joke today

Comment

Re: Kendrick Lamar Crowned 'Hottest MC' By MTV

The hell kind of list is that smh.... An if u listen to upnorth niggas thats the list u get

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
        Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X