Mannie Fresh Says Hot Boys Reunion Would Take A 'Big, Hot Check'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mannie Fresh Says Hot Boys Reunion Would Take A 'Big, Hot Check'

Talk of a Hot Boys reunion has been going for the past few years, and has heated up as of late, after Turk was released from prison following nearly nine years served. For whatever reason, it's yet to come to fruition.

Mannie Fresh, the producer who helped craft the sound for Cash Money Records in the beginning, recently spoke out about the reunion, saying he'd take part only if a "big, hot check" is issued.

In an interview with VladTV, he explained exactly why money is so important in the matter.

"It might happen without me. You know what I'm saying? It would take a big, hot check for me to be there," Mannie explained. "That's all I'm telling you. Maybe he [Turk] got something in mind that he wants to do, but I'm curious to see how that plays out. Because from what I understand, he has some issues with Cash Money ... It's just more so of you just gotta pay people. It's not like it's a hard concept, like it can never happen or whatever. You've got rockers that go on stage and it'll be like, 'I hate you and I hate you. And I'll see your ass in Cincinnati tomorrow.' And what makes it all better is, 'You know what, I'm getting my money. You getting your money. We cool.' That's the whole bottom line."

Mannie Fresh also spoke on Cash Money stifling a deal he secured with Def Jam and how he feels about working with Juvenile again.

"It kinda comes down to the microwave era of what I'm saying now," the producer explained when asked about making an album similar to 400 Degreez. "I think Juve is a great artist, but you gotta be patient enough to wanna sit there and do it like that. I don't think we would never top 400 Degreez, but to come close to it it's gonna take some time. It's not a session where you can just do that overnight."
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X