Eminem Accepts Blame For "Detox" Delay, "Dr. Dre Basically Put That On Hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem Accepts Blame For "Detox" Delay, "Dr. Dre Basically Put That On Hold

Eminem recently justified the delay on Dr. Dre's long-awaited Detox album and said his studio work with the producer forced the project to be pushed back.

In addition to confirming the album does exist, Slim Shady also offered brief details surrounding the forthcoming release.

"With Dre, Dre's got a lot of material for this record," Em revealed in an interview. "And he's recorded a lot of material. I think that more so than anything, before his album, he basically put aside, he was working on his record for a good time period, I would say probably a year, a year and some change straight, he was working on his record and he basically put that on hold once we got on the road with my record, which I'm extremely grateful for you know." (DJ Semtex)
    Nas, who was once a member of Dre's The Firm, previously confirmed his appearance on the album.

"I did a joint. I think it's crazy," Nas says of working with Dre. "He's someone I'd love to do a whole album with one day. He's incredible. I think he's the best producer of all time." (Billboard)
    T.I. also spoke with SOHH to weigh in on Detox earlier this year.

"All I can say is look forward to it. You never know who you might hear collaborating together or what you might be able to expect from that project. I'm just telling you to look forward to it. It's going to be one for the record book. He ain't lost a step." (SOHH)
    Dre previously promised appearances by Lil Wayne and Jay-Z while originally aiming to release Detox late last year.

"In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release," Dre said in an interview. "I've never set out to do that," says Dre, 43. "I just make the music feel the way I want it to feel and I don't put it out until I'm totally happy with it. Then it does what it does." (USA Today)
    As of today (May 23), a release date for Detox has not yet been announced.

Well i don't think u could really blame eminem for detox delay, that's just an excuse.
    I have been hearing about it for a number of years , how many years is he gonna take on it.
    Maybe he aint confident enough or has not got enough really good material because people expect a lot from it, they expect it to be huge.
    What a huge dissapointment it will be if the album turns out to be something avarage.
    Waiting a few more months is no biggie ,as long as he delivers classic material.
    Last edited by >War|Gamez<; 05-24-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

the new album better be good
      F-N-F
      THE REMIX KING
      / Certified Music Critic

Comment

this has been coming for such a long time... by the time it actually drops it will have lost its appeal... I mean I know they have to hype the album up but hyping it up for like 4 years? lmao

Comment

"I did a joint. I think it's crazy," Nas says of working with Dre. "He's someone I'd love to do a whole album with one day. He's incredible. I think he's the best producer of all time." (Billboard)

yea hes the best cant wait for this shit 2 drop

Comment

DETOX WILL FEATURE AN UN KNOWN uNHEARD 2pac verse

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X