Article: Flop Montana: Excuse My Flop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Flop Montana: Excuse My Flop

You might have known by now, French Montana had an album coming. It was promoted everywhere from Worldstar to Hot 97 to 106 & Park. Montana also had videos with Fat Joe listening to the album and even mentioning "Illmatic" and "Reasonable Doubt" at one point. French himself said it would be album of the decade.

Well, last week saw the release of the New York MC's debut album titled "Excuse My French". The numbers are now in that shows that the album has sold only 56,000 copies in it’s first week.

The reaction to this news from the Hip-Hop community varies from: not surprised, amusement and shock. It seems like Hip-Hop hasn’t seen a reaction to news like this since Slaughterhouse dropped their album.
    (article continued here)

An hour of Nas and DJ Premier. All their collaborations, plus a few Mr. Kennedy Mixes!

Slaughterhouse didnt sell much because i feel like they didn't get enough promotion and people don't want to listen to lyrics these days, they want some Gangnam Style type of shit. Frankly only big names crack more than 500k imo. fuck french montana tho.

Comment

Originally posted by HazeSilver View Post
      Slaughterhouse didnt sell much because i feel like they didn't get enough promotion and people don't want to listen to lyrics these days, they want some Gangnam Style type of shit. Frankly only big names crack more than 500k imo. fuck french montana tho.
      Don't forget, SH had that Cee-Lo Green single. They had the best cypher on the BET awards alongside Eminem etc.

An hour of Nas and DJ Premier. All their collaborations, plus a few Mr. Kennedy Mixes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
        Don't forget, SH had that Cee-Lo Green single. They had the best cypher on the BET awards alongside Eminem etc.
        Yeah i know but did people really expect them to sell a million or do big numbers? It's a new Era, i'm sure if D12 releases an album, the only reason why they would sell is because of Eminem then again people don't care about D12 and eminem wont even be enough to sell. But D12 releasing an album is another story and frankly i dont think they wil.. back in the days they sold around 6 million with their frist album and around 4 million with the second.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X