Method Man Explains "Crystal Meth" Album Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method Man Explains "Crystal Meth" Album Delay

Exclusive: "I"m trying ya'll," Method Man says of working with RZA. "I been speaking to him for the past three, four years."

As Method Man approaches the 20th anniversary of his solo debut this November, the Wu-Tang Clan emcee explained the years-long delay of an album tentatively titled Crystal Meth in an interview with HipHopDX.

“Can’t get RZA on board for some reason,” he says in a clip that debuted in today’s DX Daily (October 13). “I’m trying ya’ll. I've been speaking to him for the past three, four years. I’ma give it to you raw, I been saying, ‘Fuck with me. Fuck with me RZA.’ Telling other people, ‘Tell RZA to fuck with me.’ Fuck with me RZA. But he’s a busy man. And I’m proud of him. Oh my God, he took it way further than I could have ever dream of. He’s like a fucking inspiration, real talk. Real shit. He should just get back in the studio with me one more time, that’s all. Just one more time.”

Method Man’s 1994 platinum-certified debut Tical was produced almost exclusively by RZA. The Staten Island emcee’s last solo album, 4:21... The Day After, was released in 2006.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X