Raekwon Details "The Purple Tape Files" Documentary At L.A. Screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raekwon Details "The Purple Tape Files" Documentary At L.A. Screening

"This is what y'all wanted, this is what y'all made it, so I want y'all attached to it," Raekwon says of an upcoming crowd-funding campaign.

Speaking with HipHopDX on the red carpet of the Los Angeles screening of his The Purple Tape Files documentary, Raekwon explained the inspiration behind the decision to chronicle the making of his debut album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... with a film release.

Before saying, "This will be a project that the Purple Tape could feel good about having," Rae broke down how the documentary has been a fan-driven initiative.

"This is what the fans made of me," he said. "They made me be able to live my dreams out. They praised this project so much that I had to do this. I had to personally take time out of my life and create this so everybody can see it. To see the makings of it, to see the [controversy] of whatever was going on while we was making this album. I wanted to do this for the love of the fans. This is what it's all about. When you're an artist and you get an opportunity to be around for 20 years and still be relevant it makes you have a duty that you have to do to your peoples and just let them know, 'This is what y'all need to see right here. This is what y'all wanted, this is what y'all made it so I want y'all attached to it.' More importantly we have a crowd-funding thing also attached to it so that the fans could donate and support the project so you can feel like, 'Yo, I had a lot to do with making that happen with The Chef.' It's more about just the support system."
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X