The Game Searching For Artists For New Group He’s Forming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game Searching For Artists For New Group He’s Forming

Compton rapper The Game is looking for artists to form a new group called the Goon Squad, and is holding auditions for potentials.

He revealed the plans for the global search, via an update on his Twitter page (@IHateGame) this week.

"I'm [starting] a worldwide search [for] the dopest MCs, male and female, [to] form my new group 'The Goon Squad,'" Game wrote. "Send your best record or freestyle. You got [one] shot! All demos [and] music will be listened to once."

Musicians looking to audition must submit three photos plus contact information to mygoonsquad@gmail.com.

Further details regarding the group were unknown at press time.

The Game is on tour overseas, where he will make stops in Australia and New Zealand next month.

According to AOL's The Boombox, the rapper's stop in Rotorua, New Zealand on August 15 has alerts local authorities who claim his presence will cause safety concerns for the community. Authorities are reporteldy holding a special orientation aimed at increasing security presence during the show.

"We know from experience having these sorts of performers is not helpful in terms of community safety," Rotorua Commander Bruce Horne said. "His message is a very bad one. He is certainly not someone I would be promoting as a role model for our young people. In fact, he is quite the opposite. He encourages them to get themselves into trouble."

owever, the Australian promoter behind the event praised the rapper as a "positive role-model," noting that he will also visit a high school in the area during his stay.

The Game is also currently working on his fourth solo album, The R.E.D Album.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

this sounds intresting tho i dont like him.
    wonder who would join?
    the goon squad sounds like a pretty lame name lol
    F-N-F
    THE REMIX KING
    / Certified Music Critic

Comment

I read somewhere that he can't use the name "The Goon Squad", lmao don't he already have BWS?
      Wall Of Shame:

Not enough room in sig for all the fails..

Comment

i imagine the casting for this, like who can namedrop more in 16bars wins

Comment

Originally posted by Bushi View Post
          i imagine the casting for this, like who can namedrop more in 16bars wins

I bet ya if you make some rhymes that rhyme with Pac and Big,you will get the job.

Comment

Yea that's what he mostly does is name drop , will be looking for other people who can match up to him in that category and lol at goon squad

Comment

i think he is doin this to combat g-unit cause they obviously dont accept him back anymore. like when he apologized they didnt really accept it
              Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

Wow why doesn't he make a group with Juice and Clyde Carson instead? If I were them I would of left BWS long ago for the amount of support they get from Game.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X