50 Cent Talks Horror Movie Debut, "It's Gonna Be Intense"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent Talks Horror Movie Debut, "It's Gonna Be Intense"

50 Cent recently confirmed reports of him starring in the upcoming Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde horror film remake and explained what fans could expect.

Fif also revealed how much of an impact the film's director will have on the overall project.

""That one's coming up soon," 50 promised of the film. "It's me and Forest Whitaker. I actually just spoke to his agent yesterday...It's gonna be intense. [Director Abel Ferrara] an excellent director, so his creative ideas will definitely be an injective into what it's actually gonna turn out to be...The director we chose for this project is the kind of guy that has an eye for real cutting-edge, really in-your-face material." (MTV)
    The film is set to reportedly re-vamp the original film's setting.

Director Abel Ferrara is taking another walk on the wild side with a re-imagining of Robert Louis Stevenson's The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which will be contemporized and titled Jekyll and Hyde. Forest Whitaker and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson are attached to play the lead roles in the classic tale about a doctor who invents a potion that unleashes his violent alter ego. (Variety)
    Executive producer Luc Roeg has expressed his anticipation for the movie's final product.

"The combination of such formidable talent in front of and behind the camera will turn this wonderful gothic story into a modern classic for a whole new generation," Roeg said in a statement. (Statement)
    Violator Management's Chris Lighty will also take part in the film.

The Ferrara-project will be produced by Glasshouse Pictures' Brett Walsh (who produced the recent James Franco/Sienna Miller flick Camille) and Cheetah Vision Films' Randall Emmett, who has worked with '50 Cent' on Righteous Kill and Streets of Blood. Sean Walsh, Bonnie Timmermann and Chris Lighty also receive executive producer credits. (Movie Hole)
    A release date for the forthcoming film has not yet been revealed.

lol , this is gonna be interesting , though fifty aint made for acting , he's a below average actor.

Comment

You know for some reason, I don't know why, but when I was reading this, Snoop Doggs Hood of Horror just popped in my head lol. I know they aren't even the same, one being animated and the other being live. Probably cause they're both rappers. But anyways if Forest Whitaker is in this I'll definitely check it out. I always liked Forest, ever since I saw that one Vietnam movie with him.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X