No announcement yet.

50 Cent Talks Jay-Z Soundscan Challenge, "At The End Of The Day, Who Loses?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent Talks Jay-Z Soundscan Challenge, "At The End Of The Day, Who Loses?"

50 Cent recently spoke on recent talks of him challenging Jay-Z in a SoundScan battle and explained why there would be no losers in the hypothetical contest.

After foregoing Jay's September 11th release date, Fif explained his thoughts on going head-to-head against the rap mogul in a sales challenge.

"I wouldn't mind [that], either," Fif said in an interview about a proposed showdown. "But it's just, the scheduling is different. Maybe he'll move back...Yeah, it'd be good. People, you know, they love conflict...They love competition like that. And this is why it built so much energy for me and Kanye West when we came out on the same day, and in reality, we created the largest-selling week for hip-hop music. And at the end of the day, who loses? I tell you who wins: the Universal Music Group...The both of us are on Universal Music Group. So as long as you create the largest-selling [day] from there, it hasn't done anything to strain any of my business in any other way." (MTV)
    Both emcees were rumored to go against one another on September 11th.

If reports are accurate, the Roc Nation President can expect a future SoundScan ambush from fellow East Coast rapper, 50 Cent. According to reports, Fif plans to drop his fourth album Before I Self Destruct on the same day as Jay's highly anticipated Blueprint 3. (YoRaps)
    According to Jay, his upcoming album is ready for release.

"Yeah, pretty much [it's done]," Jay revealed in an interview with DJ Drama. "You know I still tweak it. I made 'PSA' was the last record I made on The Black Album and 'Give It To Me' was the last record I made on Dynasty. So, I'm always open to recording new records. It's pretty much done, it could go out the door right now. September 11th, the first date, it's the anniversary of the original one, of course it's a tragedy as well so we're going to be doing a lot of great things with charities and everything." (Hot 107.9)
    Jigga knocked 50 from the No. 1 spot on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list this year.

Hova raked in a reported $35 million starting in June 2008, from touring and other business ventures. Although his earnings were down substantially from last year's $85 million, he still managed to edge out fellow mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs, who came in at No. 2, with $30 million. Third place went to Kanye West with a respectable $25 million, earned through profits from his 808's and Heartbreaks album and 'Glow In The Dark' tour. 50 Cent landed at No. 4 with approximately $20 million, a steep drop from $100 million in 2007. (The Boom Box)
    50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct is slated to drop Tuesday, September 29th.

If fifty lost to Ye then hes bound to lose to Jay, but hey we'll see if Game's disses are helping 50 out. (Irony)
    Wall Of Shame:

Not enough room in sig for all the fails..

Comment

Game's disses are helping 50 out
      Doubt it.

Comment

50 cent is full of crap now and i'm just tied of him He really needs to try all these schemes for making money before his career do as the title of his next album.

Comment

man such bullshit now a days.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X