Unique Wu-Tang album sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Wu-Tang album sold

The Wu-Tang Clan made just one copy of Once Upon A Time In Shaolin and sold it, shrouded in secrecy, for millions. Bloomberg Business reveals the buyer: a CEO infamous for a massive drug-price hike.

Unique album. We need a Pac album like that! Or maybe there is one already.

such an album released by Amaru?

My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Read about that. It's a pretty interesting and unique idea, but also a slap in the face to their fans.
      Wu Tang makes themselves important for the next 100 years
      But will they still be remembered?

Anyway the buyer is a money hungry bastard. I don't expect to hear anything within the next 100 years lol

Comment

Im not to fussed that we will prolly never hear it, I got lots of love for Wu but 36chambers is their only great group album
        My Current PC
        i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
          such an album released by Amaru?

Amaru did it slightly differently. They sold s few copies, not just one. The Amaru discs will still remain sealed and hidden from day light.

Comment

The buyer is in jail for a ponzi scheme scamming millions. I guess not even he will listen to the album now. ha ha ha

Pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli, widely pilloried for jacking up the price of a drug used to treat AIDS patients, has been indicted on criminal charges that he bilked a company out of millions of dollars.

The accusations do not relate to Turing Pharmaceuticals, the company that raised the price of Daraprim by more than 5,000%.

Instead, the federal case centers on his time as CEO of Retrophin (RTRX), another biotech company that ousted him last year. The indictment, brought by prosecutors in Brooklyn, was unsealed Thursday.

"Shkreli essentially ran [Retrophin] like a Ponzi scheme," said U.S. Attorney Robert Capers. He said he used the company "as his personal piggy bank."

Shkreli and an alleged co-conspirator, an attorney who worked with him at Retrophin, face securities fraud and conspiracy charges alleging that they improperly channeled millions in cash and Retrophin stock through sham consulting agreements.

Related: Twitter blows up over Shkreli indictment

According to prosecutors, the money and stock went to satisfy claims from investors in hedge funds that Shkreli previously bilked.

Retrophin has since sued Shkreli in federal court, seeking $65 million from him, accusing him of misusing the company's cash and stock. He has denied those charges.

The FBI arrested the 32-year-old Shkreli on Thursday morning in New York.

An attorney who represented Shkreli in a previous civil lawsuit did not return calls seeking comment. A call to Shkreli's office line went unanswered.

Turing, which Shkreli started after leaving Retrophin, is privately held.

martin shkreli
            Martin Shkreli leaves federal court after his arrest.

But Shkreli recently took over another small publicly-traded drug company, KaloBios (KBIO), which develops cancer drugs.

Shares of KaloBios soared 400% on the day after the takeover news. But they plunged 50% Thursday before trading was halted.

Earlier this year, Shkreli became headline fodder with the drug price hike at Turing.

Shkreli has been the focus of widespread criticism in the media, which dubbed him "the most hated man in America," as well as by politicians. He defiantly defended the price increase in interviews and frequent tweets.

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders called him a "poster child of greed," and refused to keep a $2,700 contribution Shkreli made to his campaign. Sanders gave the money to a community health center.

Comment

Originally posted by skitzo View Post
              The buyer is in jail for a ponzi scheme scamming millions. I guess not even he will listen to the album now. ha ha ha
              He said he didn't even plan to listen to the album anyway.
              Last edited by Kieran; 12-17-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X