Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Loso’s Way The Fabolous Album You’ve Been Waiting For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Loso’s Way The Fabolous Album You’ve Been Waiting For?

People gathered at Helen Mills Theater in New York on Tuesday night (July 21) in hopes of receiving a glimpse of "the Fabolous life," described in Loso's new album titled Loso's Way.

Over 150 people arrived, and lent their ears for Fab's long awaited album which has churned out hits such as "Throw It In The Bag" and "It's My Time". With the theater reaching maximum capacity in merely an hour, people scurried hastily, trying to find seats in preparation for the events to come. Shortly after 7, host Young Sav, announced to the audience that it would be time to unwrap Fab's album, starting with the intro.

Starting off with "The Way," we find a pugnacious Fab unleashing blistering punch lines resulting in undeniable shouts of "damns", and "wows". Bar for bar, Fab sets the tone with the intro. Just when you thought he was finished providing a lyrical exercise, Fab pounces on the DJ Khalil produced "I'mma Do It" featuring Kobe. With an infectious hook behind a monstrous beat, Fab laces the track with bars like, "My attitude is celibate, I don't give a f***."

The momentum continued to carry on as Young Sav enlightened the audience with Fab's new single, titled "Everything, Everywhere, Everyday" featuring Keri Hilson, and Ryan Leslie behind the boards. The track -- labeled as the "money record" by Sav -- caught the attention of males and females alike, as the record has "certified club banger" written all over it. The video also premiered during the session, which has potential to take waves over "106" with Loso teaming up with the R&B's young gunners. Expect some surprise guests in the video.

"When The Money Goes" featuring Jay-Z proceeds after, and is promising, but isn't quite the perfect follow up after such a banger. The throwaway track originally given to Hov was passed to down to Fab, as Jay blessed the hook. Fab did provide some spark, but the life did simmer down, resulting in Sav resorting to playing just the first verse of the track.

"Salute," featuring Weezy F, is one of the highlights on the album, as Fab destroys Wayne. With bars like "You want your whopper, come and get your beef n**** / I'm not a boxer, I'ma be brief n****." Fab clearly made a statement as to being pound for pound for the PLK. (Sorry Banks.) On the track, Wayne is forced to revert to his "I am a Martian" flow, which shows does signs of promise with his uncanny wit, but still left to ponder, "What the f***?"

"Stay", featuring Marsha Ambrosius, is the track that will open eyes for Fabolous' critics. Fab is as open and vulnerable lyrically as he ever could have been, as he lists his possible fears of being an absent father in his son's life. Fab's candor doesn't go ignored, as his plea for being a great father provides a deeper meaning as to John Jackson is as a person, and not just a rapper.

Overall, Fab provided an eclectic album in which he touched on everything in a street perspective. Granted, Loso's Way isn't American Gangster in terms of storytelling, but this opus provides light as to whom Fab is, and what he means to the game.

Lyricism is hard to find in this washed up industry. Storytelling is remotely relevant now because people are scared to delve into those areas. Fab was able to do that, and with ease. With anticipation surrounding an album dubbed as the modern version of "Carlito's Way," Fab's penmanship proved to be the decisive factor in crafting a great album.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

Eh...I only like I think 4 tracks off it...and some leaked before hand....so no...I was expecting more...But those tracks are definitely on my playlist now...

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X