King Tee Details Being in Shootouts at 15, Not Joining Crips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Tee Details Being in Shootouts at 15, Not Joining Crips

During the beginning of the conversation King Tee spoke extensively about getting his start in hip-hop after linking up with Grammy Award-winning artist DJ Bobcat, DJ Pooh, and Uncle Jamm's Army. Around this time, King Tee started flexing his skills on the mic after explaining that "there were too many DJs in the crew," which also led to DJ Pooh giving him the name "King Tee."

The conversation then started focusing on King Tee's time in Compton and being active in the street life, but not affiliated with any gangs.
    When asked about not being official with the Nutty Blocc Crips, which is where he lived, King Tee explained that he was always more focused on music and going to a party than the street life.
    However, the "Dippin'" rapper told us that he did his fair share of running with his gang friends, stealing cars, being involved in shootouts, and much more.

It was during his time in Compton that a 17-year-old King Tee released his debut album, "Act a Fool," which was a huge success.
    When speaking about the attention he got after the album's release, King Tee admitted that he wishes he would've respected the attention he was receiving back then, adding that "it came too fast."

I hope he gets into that story Coolio told a couple years back of 2Pac & his crew beating his ass for picking a fight with Pac. Interested in hearing his side of that story.

Comment

i hope vlad asks him about the 2pac-incident .. would be nice to hear HIS side of the story, im sure he will say something "u know how pac was, he wasn´t gangbanger and i didn´t like the fact that he was rockin a burgundy bandana, nixxaz die for this shxt, but it´s all hood, RIP pac" or maybe he will say something else.

p.s. i remember an old the d.o.c. interview, where he was saying that pac was clownin him and how he (the d.o.c. was "2pac´n" before 2pac)... would like to hear the full story someday.i guess it was during the video-shoot of "gotta get mine", you know mc breed (RIP) & the d.o.c. where kickin it together.

ThaFormula.com - You know I remember that "Gotta Get Mine" video with 2pac. That was a classic Breed track right there?

D.O.C. - Yeah that was a good song. I was in that video too. That was at Andre Rison's house before it got burnt up. The dude had a good record man. Now MC Breed who was a good friend of mine, has the ability to make classic rap records, but chooses not to.

ThaFormula.com - Why is that?

D.O.C. - Breed is just one of those dudes man that no matter what you tell him, he is gonna do whatever the fuck he wants to do and it's hard to make a classic record when what's going on in your head is the only thing that's coming out on record. You have to be able to be flexible and know that the hardest thing for an artist to ever do is to listen to his own shit objectively because it's his shit and he's gonna love it no matter what. He's gonna want it to be good, no matter what, when in actuality it could sound like a load of shit. Breed is probably the closest thing I got outside of Dre to a brother with me, where me and this guy will argue and I mean argue even to the point where he thought Pac was the coldest and I thought Biggie was the coldest.

ThaFormula.com - What was your relationship with 2Pac like if there was one?

D.O.C. – Well, and I got to be honest cause that's the way I do it. In the beginning back when the guy was with Digital Underground, he was a very quiet dude. He never really spoke. I saw him a couple of times and I thought he was a cool young guy. The last couple of times that I saw 2pac, we weren't on great terms at all. Him and Breed was the shit, so when I was at Breeds house and he came to visit Breed especially for this record and shit. The guy was clownin’ me. He was I guess trying to make me feel that I was weak by tellin’ me that those guys in Los Angeles had ran me out of town and things like that. I think the guy was just 2Pac’n it at that time. I like to tell muthafuckas that I was 2pac before 2pac was 2pac, meaning I went through a period shortly after my record was released and shortly after that accident where I would go into a club be drunk push bitches down, slap them in front of their niggaz. You know I had a big ass 300 pound plus nigga with me. What the fuck is you gonna do. I did that for attention, but that wasn't my personality but I felt like I needed to do that for a while. I think 2pac had started to get into his character after that movie that he had did. I think that that started to play a little bit on his psyche and the deeper he got off into that character the harder it was for him to get up out of it. Now that's my humble opinion because I can't see why a guy in his position would wanna go to a club and just start pushin’ muthafuckas down out of the blue. I like to call it Mr. entertainment. When Mr. Entertainment get on your back, you will do things that you had no idea you would do. It's enough to fuck a young black man up!
      SOURCE: http://www.rapnews.net/0-202-531-00.html
      Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X