Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drake Ignores Doctor's Orders For Lil Wayne Tour, "I Made A Personal Decision 48 Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake Ignores Doctor's Orders For Lil Wayne Tour, "I Made A Personal Decision 48 Hour

Rap newcomer Drake has decided to bypass doctor's orders and hit the stage tonight (July 27) for the start of the Young Money tour alongside Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy and Soulja Boy Tell Em.

Claiming the fans played a big role in his decision, Drizzy explained why he is willing to risk further injuring his torn ACL.
    "I didn't really get any approval from my doctor, but I made a personal decision 48 hours ago that I'd be letting a lot of people down if I didn't show up and at least show them I'm there for them," Drake said in an interview. "For the last two weeks, I've been really going hard, getting all types of acupuncture, trying to bring the swelling down. I'm walking around -- no cane. I'll put a brace on it tomorrow night. No one will probably even know I'm injured...I'm not doing my own set. That's one thing I have to apologize to my fans about. It's too much of a risk, if I hit that wrong turn [doing] 30 minutes every night. If I tear my ACL again, the doctors say I might not be able to walk again. I have to be cautious." (MTV)

The rapper will hit the stage for a cross country road tour beginning this evening.
    The Young Money Presents: America's Most Wanted Music Festival will be the follow up to Lil Wayne's very successful "I Am Music Tour" playing a total of 47 arena dates across the US. After an opening act, Drake will perform, followed by Soulja Boy and Young Jeezy's sets with Lil Wayne closing out the show. The tour will kick off on July 27, 2009 at the Toyota Pavillion in Scranton, Pennsylvania and end on August 23, 2009 at the Superpages.com Center in Dallas, Texas. (The Urban Daily)

Drake previously hinted at a possible summer tour involving Jay-Z earlier this year.
    "God willing, if everything goes according to plan and everybody's schedule is in place, then I will be on tour with some amazing people," Drake said in an interview. "One of them being Jay-Z, one of them being Lil Wayne, one of them being Young Jeezy and one of them being me." (Much Music)

He also signed a deal to International Creative Management last week.
    Chart-topping rapper/singer Drake has signed to International Creative Management (ICM) to handle his tour booking and branding moving forward. The ICM deal follows Drake's recent signing to Young Money Entertainment, with distribution through Universal Republic, for the release of his highly-anticipated debut album, Thank Me Later. (Billboard)

Check out Drake's interview below:
    Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

Source:
    Drake Ignores Doctor's Orders For Lil Wayne Tour, "I Made A Personal Decision 48 Hours Ago" [Video] | SOHH.com
    Last edited by Thug4Life06; 07-28-2009, 07:50 AM.

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X