No announcement yet.

Murder Inc's Newz Says Irv Gotti's Label Is Whole, "Lloyd & Ashanti Still There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder Inc's Newz Says Irv Gotti's Label Is Whole, "Lloyd & Ashanti Still There

Murder Inc artist Newz recently spoke on the status behind Irv Gotti's record label, including Lloyd and Ashanti's roles, and touched on his thoughts regarding 50 Cent.

Speaking in a brief interview, the Brooklyn-basd emcee weighed in on Murder Inc's 2009 impact and his recent collaboration with Ja Rule.

"'It's Still Murda' dropped a couple days ago," Newz explained. Fire, featuring your boy Rule. You know what it is man. [My album] Hunting Season is coming. We got Ja, Game, Jadakiss, probably get a couple of R&B n*ggas or something on there...Lloyd still there. Ashanti there, Gotti said he's gonna drop her but she's still there. Rule there, I'm there...It is what it is [with 50 Cent.] You know what I mean, I ain't got no problems with the boy, unless it presents itself." (In The Box TV)
    His "Still Murda" music video was released online last week.

"Murder mo' n*ggas than the Holocaust," Rule raps. "B*tch, we get our point across/They call me Jewel Rule/My n*gga bad Newz, the combination of the two equals a dead you...Sicker than a motherf*cker, cough on tracks/I need Robitussin before I get flu, ammonia or something/And I start really frontin' on these n*ggas/Ice cold as December, here's a clue, do remember/I'm the n*gga with the first six deuce long/40 cal/Loft/Maybach/Crib is off and gone, n*gga you can front if you want, it's still...murda." (True Stories Radio)
    Irv recently addressed Lloyd's plea to be released from Murder Inc.

"He is still signed with Murder Inc. and I will make a decision shortly on what I am gonna do with him," Gotti wrote in a statement. "His last record didn't sell well at all. And, once again, he had his CREATIVE freedom to do whatever he wanted to do. But for some reason the people did not respond to the album or to him. But I will decide what I wanna do! As always when it comes to me, it's Murder For Life! And anyone who doesn't wanna be apart of that, I will take into consideration." (Statement)
    Gotti also announced plans to end his business ties with Ashanti last spring.

"The relationship has run its course," Gotti explained in an interview. "The chemistry of what's needed -- we're in two totally different places. You're talking to somebody that took her and shaped and molded her and put her out there for the world, and it blew up. We in the Guinness Book of World Records for the highest selling debut by a female R&B artist, 503 [thousand]. We did it! My views and philosophies and her views and philosophies is not meeting up...I don't think she can win. She needs some guidance with that...But she's not thinking like that. Really, I couldn't tell you what she's thinking. So that relationship has run its course and honestly, I'm gonna just drop her." (MTV)
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X