The Game Calls Upcoming Disc “Most Lyrical Album, Period”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game Calls Upcoming Disc “Most Lyrical Album, Period”

The Game thinks very highly of his upcoming solo LP, The R.E.D. Album. So much so that the Compton MC has declared his fourth studio set, “the most lyrical of them all.”

“If you going by current status of the artist’s music, then, I mean, I gotta exceed,” he told mtvnews.com. “This album is the most lyrical of them all, this album is the most lyrical album, period, point blank.”

As previously reported, Miami duo Cool & Dre— known for creating one of Game’s biggest hits, 2005’s “Hate It or Love It,”— are just one of the acts tapped for the production side of the album.

“The songs are so big and melodic and so music-filled that you could tell that I’ve been around for a while,” Game explained about the sound of the disc. “So, you know, that’s the vibe and it’s soulful, but it’s still right where you need it to be. It’s not too sample-heavy and not just that soulful where it takes away from what I do, and it isn’t gonna bore you or tire you out. This album is going to be incredible, man, and I would say it’s going to be my best album.”

As to why he dubbed the project, The R.E.D. Album, the West Coast mainstay said it’s not gang-related. “The whole theme behind it is just ‘rededicated,’” he said. “That’s what the ‘red’ stands for. Some people think it stands for blood or red, but that’s not the case. This album is rededicated to where I’m from, rededicated to my fans, rededicated to music, to my people, rededicated to you guys, rededicated to just the game in general, man. The things I’ve been recording as of late, man, have just been so catastrophic, man. I can’t even begin to tell you that it’s going to be dope.”

The R.E.D. Album does not have an official release date as of press time. –Elan Mancini

Source:
    XXLmag.com - » The Game Calls Upcoming Disc “Most Lyrical Album, Period”

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X