Kid Cudi Lands Role In Upcoming Mark Wahlberg HBO Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid Cudi Lands Role In Upcoming Mark Wahlberg HBO Series

Kid Cudi may have a buzz going for his music, but that's not stopping him from getting his hustle on outside of his first love. He's also trying a hand at acting, like most other musicians.

He has earned a role in the forthcoming HBO series "How To Make It In America," and he took his role very seriously.

"It was important to me early on to branch away from music and actually do something outside my comfort zone," Kid Cudi explained. "When we were developing my character with the writers, I was telling them, 'Man, I don't want to be anything that has to do with music,' just because that's not really acting."

The show is a comedy, helmed by actor Mark Wahlberg, featuring Cudi as one of the lead characters. According to the New York Observer, it will reveal how to achieve the American dream through three 20-something New Yorkers.

Cudi says his character provides a lot of the show's comic relief.

"I have a lead role," Cudi said in an interview. "My character's name is Domingo Dean. I actually named my character after both of my brothers -- Dean, who lives in Phoenix, being one of them, and Domingo. My character's kind of the comic relief. He's really witty -- a hopeless romantic but a player at the same time."

The HBO series also stars Shannyn Sossamon, Luis Guzmán, and Lake Bell.

At press time it was unknown when the series will premiere.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

kid kudi is the worst ringtone rapper i have ever heard his day-n-nite is worse than soulja boy by a mile i hope he never raps again for the rest of his life
    Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X