The Game Sued Over Funeral Fight W/ Cousin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game Sued Over Funeral Fight W/ Cousin

The Game has reportedly been sued by his cousin Robert "Kirky" Kirkwood over a physical brawl the two had at his sister's funeral last summer.

Kirky has also included other people in the suit and is requesting unspecified damages.

Robert Kirkwood just filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming the The Game and four others assaulted him at his sister's funeral in July of '08. The suit says the throwdown started when Robert confronted The Game because the rich rapper wouldn't pay for a part of the funeral costs. Robert says he suffered "severe and permanent injuries" during the alleged fight. Robert is suing The Game -- along with the four other people he claims took part in the fight -- for medical expenses, loss of income and general damages. (TMZ)

Game previously spoke on the incident in an interview last summer.

?Two days prior to this funeral, my cousin Kirky, he?s already got his Crip homies at the funeral," Game said in an interview. "He called my brother Fase and asked him would he jump in if him and his homies jumped me at the funeral...He?s already plotting on me. When I get there, I?m thinking the funeral and the death of his sister would calm all that. When I see him, I shake his hand, I go sit down and tell him I love him...Mo money, mo problems. Now, my family is my worst enemy. I hate them more than I hate 50 Cent man." (98.3 Jams)

Kirk originally said the rapper promised him he would pay a partial amount for the funeral.

Once the agreement was made Kirkwood says Game had his phone number changed and intentionally kept out of contact. However, the controversial rapper made a surprise appearance at the funeral last Saturday (July 5) where he reportedly spoke at the service in regards to the importance of family values. Kirkwood then claims once he approached his cousin about the finances a fight broke out which led to him getting punched in the face by Game. (SOHH)

Aside from legal issues, Game is working on his upcoming fourth album.

"The R.E.D. Album is a little soulful," Game said in an interview. "It's crazy because it could be pre-Documentary, and it could be post-R.E.D. Album, like it's early and late. It's early and late, so it's just on time. If you could understand that. It's like I'm raw. Like [on] some of the songs my flow is as raw as before I got with Dre...Then the songs are so big and melodic and so music-filled that you could tell that I've been around for a while...So, you know, that's the vibe and it's soulful, but it's still right where you need it to be. It's not too sample-heavy and not just that soulful where it takes away from what I do, and it isn't gonna bore you or tire you out. This album is going to be incredible, man, and I would say it's going to be my best album." (MTV)

No further information on the lawsuit has been provided as of today (August 1).

Source:
    The Game Sued Over Funeral Fight W/ Cousin | SOHH.com

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

Gotta say fighting during funerals is SO LAME
    and rude too.

Game should have payed for his sisters funeral.
    See what money could do to people.

Comment

Originally posted by DPG92© View Post
      See what money could do to people.
      To "stupid" people, all those guys live a pathetic life imo.
      B.F.T.S

Comment

Yea i,ve read a while back someone got punched during a funeral. Something involving The Game.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X