Eminem's "Funny People" Projected To Debut No. 1 At Box Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem's "Funny People" Projected To Debut No. 1 At Box Office

The new Adam Sandler film Funny People, which features scenes with Eminem and RZA, is being projected to land atop its competition at the box office this weekend.

While total estimates will not be finalized until Sunday (August 2) evening, the comedy will likely debut at No. 1.

While Virgin bowed to $21 million with an unknown Steve Carrell at the center and Knocked Up pulled in $30 million with newcomer Seth Rogen, Funny People has giant movie star Adam Sandler leading the charge. But the comedy pro is leaving his PG comfort zone and the results when he does so are never certain. Prognosticators have this film opening at $20 million. I'm going with $35 million. Sandler and Judd Apatow could prove to be a very formidable combination, even with a close to 2 1/2 hour run time. (Entertainmen Weekly)
    The film faced stiff competition from other movies already at the box office including Harry Potter and G-Force.

I hope this is a good comedy and i think it will top box office even though there is tough competition up there.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X