Killer Mike Readies All-Atlanta Album Preceding Grand Hustle Debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Mike Readies All-Atlanta Album Preceding Grand Hustle Debut

After dropping a critically acclaimed last year, titled I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II, ATL rapper Killer Mike is ready for a follow-up ... a new ambitious project, dedicated to his home city, titled Underground Atlanta.

After participating in MTV's signature series, "My Block: Atlanta" and taking the historical "Great Day in Atlanta" photo with some of the city's most notable artists, the idea for Underground Atlanta was born.

"A record like this should've been done a long time ago by the heavyweights in this city," says Mike. "But egos and cliques prevented that from happening, but it's cool because I had the great job of bringing all these Atlanta artists together. I think the 'A' deserves this, we deserve a record and a moment in time like this."

According to a press release, the upcoming two-disc album will feature some of Atlanta's biggest and brightest stars -- include T.I., Gucci Mane, Soulja Boy, OJ Da Juiceman, Young Dro, Pastor Troy, Yung Ralph and Shawty Lo, as well as Princess of Crime Mob, Big Kuntry King, Bobby Creekwater, and the list goes one.

Outside f the A, it'll feature an appearance from UGK, who will appear on a star-studded remix.

From the music to the album artwork, Mike made it his mission to keep everything true to the city that birthed him, on the new project, so much so, he calls the record "the ATL experience.

"In the 90s, everyone here was on their own particular vibe, yet they all vibed together," Mike explains. "I remember seeing Goodie Mob, Joi, Monica, Kilo and OutKast all at the Warehouse on the same night and the crowd rocked with each artist, regardless of genre. Atlanta is a special city where people party together and not just with their scene; that's what I wanted to capture with this project."

Underground Atlanta will precede Mike's as-yet-untitled Grand Hustle debut, which he is in the lab currently recording. He sees this firt album as a way to give back to the Atlanta hip-hop community that nurtured him and made him the artist he is today.

"I am 'underground' forever, in the sense that that's where the heart is; that's just my m entality," said the rapper. "I want to do what Bun B did for me and that was to show love and foster the next wave of lil' homies into the game. No matter how big I get, my roots are firmly planted in underground music."

Underground Atlanta is slated for release September 1st on Grindtime Official/ SMC.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X