This is America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is America

[MENTION=893]2psah [MENTION=15439]Husxle [MENTION=7241]THROWED [MENTION=2846]AK47

I thought this music video was bad ass. What do you guys think of the message ?

It's amazing. I see something new every time I watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
      [MENTION=893]2psah [MENTION=15439]Husxle [MENTION=7241]THROWED [MENTION=2846]AK47

I thought this music video was bad ass. What do you guys think of the message ?
      Don't know what to think of it tbh lol

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
      If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
      but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
      -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
      -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Saw the web going crazy over this.
        watching now..

---Done---

Video is nice, very well done.

Graphic message, got mixed feelings with it.

Not going into details, people around here (lol) don't really seem to like my opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
          Not going into details, people around here (lol) don't really seem to like my opinion..
          Well for once this isn't about Religion so ... Try getting your point across without coming off as a huge prick.

Comment

It's loaded with symbolism and other references - everything from his facial expressions to the types of dance moves to what's going on in the background. It all seems random at first. Like the white horse with the rider running past the police car that some have compared to death or to one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. The way the bodies of the people he shoots are just dragged away or left where they fell, while the gun is always taken away carefully wrapped in cloth so as not to hurt the gun. The choir getting shot is probably a reference to the mass shootings that have taken place in churches. Etc.
            Last edited by MurderRapMovie; 05-09-2018, 05:06 AM.

Comment

LOL this is Earn from Atlanta

I'm not following new rap music so I didn't knew that he is a Rapper, but I like to watch Atlanta

To the Music, it's not my type of music but I guess in this case the video is more important than the song, the beat is like out of a video game, when it's getting hard or a big boss is coming. His flow is like every rap song on the radio but I think this is meant sarcastically to represent todays rap music.

The Video is sick! I like such videos or movies where you don't get the point at 1st sight, I probably saw the video like 5 times and I saw so much different stuff that I didn't understand at 1st sight.

Tbh I had to watch one of these video reviews to understand stuff like his "Jim Crow" Style dancing because as a European I had never heard of "Jim Crow" but now I get it!

And on another side, it's the same shit like 200 years ago, for a lot of "white people" (I hate to categorize human in their skin color, but in this case I don't know how to explain my thoughts better) "black people" are an entertaining "thing", they really don't respect them but for entertaining and fun they are good enough, but most of them wouldn't like to see her daughter marry a "black man".

I see the same hypocritical shit in germany, deep in the most people hearts, africans are lazy, stupid and drug dealing people, but in front of an african they would never have the balls to tell it in their faces, they are just talking behind their backs!

All these references to the problems of the US (and worldwide too) are hitting the nail on the head!

Great Job IMO!

Thanks for mentioning me and showing me this video that without you I had probably never knew [MENTION=915]Hard2Kill
              "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

I'm annoyed by this kind of "eye opening" art which reflects current subjects that are heavily discussed at the moment anyway.

Comment

I checked. She's right - it's 17 seconds.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X