Plies Prepares To Unleash His "Goon", Still Keeps It "Real"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plies Prepares To Unleash His "Goon", Still Keeps It "Real"

Plies' upcoming solo album, Goon Affiliated, will reportedly land in stores this fall and the rapper says it is
    as "real" as ever.

Led by the single "Becky," Plies' latest effort will land in stores weeks before Halloween.
    This October will be filled with ghouls, goblins, and goons. Plies is set to release his new album during the spookiest month of the year. The Florida rapper's fourth album in just over two years, Goon Affiliated, will hit stores and digital retailers on October 6. The first single, "Becky," is already creating a buzz. Goon Affiliated, which got its name from Plies' older brother Big Gates, marks a series of firsts for the "Bust It Baby" MC. He is featuring another rapper on the album and isn't using the word "real" in the title. (Rap-Up)

The Florida-based emcee recently spoke on the album's title and why its name is fitting for fans of all ages.
    "Goon Affiliated, I had the pleasure of having my brother home for this album," Plies said in an interview. "He actually came up with the title of this album. The three previous albums, 'real' was incorporated into the album title. For me, we felt Goon Affiliated wasn't too gangsta, wasn't too soft. It was right in the middle. Kids in the suburbs could have goon friends and be goon affiliated. You could be a street cat and not call yourself a 'goon' but have goon homeboys and be goon affiliated. Or you could be a goon and be goon affiliated. It's a whole diverse situation for me." (MTV)

He previously hit up SOHH to talk about his view on lyricism within the rap game and the importance of his last album's title, Da REAList.
    "A lot of people that follow me from my core audience, from my mixtape days up until now has always kinda categorized me as the realest in their opinion," he said. "It was kinda my salute back to all my core audience who followed me for so many years...Not knocking any of the lyrical artists in the industry but what does that really mean? That means you're articulate. I think it means you're clever but to me I think to be those things -- I don't want to call you a liar but you have to be unrealistic to a certain extent. You can't find a dude that's great with words that it's one hundred percent truthful as well." (SOHH)

Aside from music, he spoke on launching his own "goonette" search earlier this year.
    "Anytime you see me in front of the camera you know I got some breaking news for ya," Plies said in an April MySpace video. "So what I want to bring to you right now is to introduce to you my TV series, brah, that's on its way real real soon...I'm finding people that's interested in me enough that I can get them the stamp of approval and label 'em a goonette. For y'all that don't know what a goonette is, it's a female that's strong, independent female who fights through her trials and tribulations...it's a female hustler. (MySpace)

Goon Affiliated is set to land in stores Tuesday, Ocotber 6th.

Source:
    Plies Prepares To Unleash His "Goon", Still Keeps It "Real" | SOHH.com

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X