Wu-Tang (Raekwon) lyrics deciphering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wu-Tang (Raekwon) lyrics deciphering?

As an Euro whose mother tongue isn’t English I find it really hard to understand what Raekwon is rapping in the songs „Cash Still Rules“ and „The Projects“. I get the big picture but some phrases are like riddles. The other dudes on these songs are easy.

Can someone decipher the following lyrics lol, maybe [MENTION=15384]7thdayz given that you’re from New York, grew up in the Mafia era combined with the legal genius advantage?
    I highlighted the stuff I find the most difficult to understand.

Bound by honest sword take over the set, rap from here to Quebec
    Throw up the TEC, crash your intellect, select a vet
    Swimsuit mammal handle, yo every fly vandal go to project
    Slam you like Hamill's Whitewater Scandal
    Wally sandal just a sample, my niggas fertilize thoughts
    Yo mad support drink a quart then bamboo
    One nasty can blew, my pen sterile won't perform if I'm not lampable
    Asking my man'll get you slapped down, play the anthem
    Lit it who with it champagne get it, that's the ticket

Silent nines sounding like crickets, snatch your worker’s shipment
    Pull her hair, long dick it, we talk right before we left lifted
    Just like a long sleeve, guess who ripped it?

Scary hours no money out, smash the Guinness Stout
    Play the outfield, Lucille, switched cracks on shields
    She's a rich fiend sacrifice her fam shift them niggas
    To Queens
    Guess jeans she charged thirty-five beans
    Hit the cell phone, regulate with well known Tone
    A Wally kingpin who also slam the strike edition
    What up? Corleone smoke the bone, Tone phone me
    What up? He tried to slang there, address him with chrome only
    Grady with the gray beard, transporting for him
    Rocking Nike Air, Rastafarian bird, piping that
    Switchin Benzes, ten carat nigga with gold lenses
    Fronting like he's sitting on a lump, he's sitting on junk
    You wanna pull a heist, draw guns and robberies
    You wanna rock rep, step in yellow Wallabies
    Names arraigned, they're Century Fox, little Glocks
    Them niggas with stocks, wheelyin' blocks
    Rich lifestyle, spoiled like an ordinary white child
    But right now, Sun it still shine, shed light now
    Breakdown, liquidate God, fucking grab the nickel plate
    'Spenser: For Hire', tension when we mention Dryer

He's a slave cop, behave pop
    Isuzu Beige Top will blow that cat at the Purple Haze spot

I was a Wu fan before I was a Pac fan and I still don't know what they're talking about half the time

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
      As an Euro whose mother tongue isn’t English I find it really hard to understand what Raekwon is rapping in the songs „Cash Still Rules“ and „The Projects“. I get the big picture but some phrases are like riddles. The other dudes on these songs are easy.

Can someone decipher the following lyrics lol, maybe [MENTION=15384]7thdayz given that you’re from New York, grew up in the Mafia era combined with the legal genius advantage?
      I highlighted the stuff I find the most difficult to understand.

Bound by honest sword take over the set, rap from here to Quebec
      Throw up the TEC, crash your intellect, select a vet
      Swimsuit mammal handle, yo every fly vandal go to project
      Slam you like Hamill's Whitewater Scandal
      Wally sandal just a sample, my niggas fertilize thoughts
      Yo mad support drink a quart then bamboo
      One nasty can blew, my pen sterile won't perform if I'm not lampable
      Asking my man'll get you slapped down, play the anthem
      Lit it who with it champagne get it, that's the ticket

Scary hours no money out, smash the Guinness Stout
      Play the outfield, Lucille, switched cracks on shields
      To Queens
      A Wally kingpin who also slam the strike edition
      What up? Corleone smoke the bone, Tone phone me
      Rocking Nike Air, Rastafarian bird, piping that
      Fronting like he's sitting on a lump, he's sitting on junk
      You wanna rock rep, step in yellow Wallabies
      But right now, Sun it still shine, shed light now
      Breakdown, liquidate God, fucking grab the nickel plate
      'Spenser: For Hire', tension when we mention Dryer

Shake them niggaz

Scary hours(After midnight), long money out (Has large amounts of cash with him), smash the guiness stout

Play the outfield (Taking back and sideroads to avoid police detection/is careful, watches for cops), Lucille, switched cracks on chill

To Queens

A Wiley (A person who is willing to raise hell/wile out) kingpin who also slam the stripe edition

What up? Corleone smoke the bone (Smoke crack/weed), Tone phone me

Rocking Nike Air, Rastafarian bird, piping that (Smokin the same drugs he selling)

Fronting like he's sitting on a lump, he's sitting on junk jump

You wanna rock rep, step in yellow Wallabies (A type of shoe famous in NY, with laces only near the top of the shoe)

But right now, Son it still shine (Calls him son because they are both 5% nation gang members), shed light now (Use his power over man bacause hes a 5% gang member to fix the situation)

Breakdown, liquidate God (He orders him to kill this other guy), fucking grab the nickel plate

'Spenser: For Hire'(Hes calling someone a detective), tension when we mention Dryer

Comment

Thanks a lot for coming through! Repped

It makes a lot more sense with your explanations and the "grammar" corrections lol

Did you delete the 'Projects' one, was that one too much slang?

Can you elaborate the following lines?

You corrected it to switched cracks on chill. When I read "shields" first I thought he was describing how that bitch is standing around street signs waiting for customers or something.

slam the stripe edition
        I guess "slam" is a NY term for "fuck"? "Stripes" = ranking in gangs?

smash the Guinness Stout
        I would assume it means just destroying a glass of beer lol, but in NY slang it probably means something else

fucking grab the nickel plate
        Robbing him off his jewelry?

Geeesh, NY ghetto slang is like a totally different language, I find LA slang much easier lol
        Last edited by Dominator; 12-13-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for coming through! Repped
          As a rule, i always respond if a person tags me and asks a question. I feel like, if a person is respectful enough to acknowledge your existence, especially from a distance, then you can be respectful enough to respond. Ill never refuse to answer, even if i do not know the person. If i dont answer, its because i meant to, and simply forgot. For anyone who asked me a question, and didnt get a reply, just ask me again, and let me know i overlooked it, and ill reply. That doesnt mean i will always have a answer though. If its not a question, and is simply a comment, or if the question is straight up ignorant, that is the only circumstance in which i might not answer.

Comment

Lucille Switched cracks on chill
            Keeps her cool, while switching the spots she sells drugs

Slam the stripe edition
            Rocking a car car that came with stripes in the paint job (Also could be interpreted as suit)

smash the Guinness Stout
            Downing a bottle of guiness with ease

fucking grab the nickel plate
            Ordering the guy to grab a gun

Comment

Bound by honors sword (He is bound to his rap group, aka, gang) take over the set (They do such a good job performing that everyone will say they performed best out of all the acts that performed in the concert), rep (represent his gang (Aka rap group) set on stage in different parts of the world) from here to Quebec
              Throw up the tech (point your gun barrel to the sky), clash your intellect, select a vet

Swimsuit mammal handle (Even the ladys have guns), yo every fly vandal go to project
              Slam you like Hamill's Whitewater Scandal (Youll get hurt worse than the Bill and Hillary clinton did in a controversy that took place in the 1990s)

Wiley sandal just a sample (The way you just got wiled out on (Flipped out on) stomped on is just a sample) , my niggas fertilize thoughts (He saying that him and his crew are highly creative)
              Yo mad support drink a quart, that bamboo (His crew has his back, so they drink alcohol to their sucess)

One nasty can blew, my pen sterile won't perform if I'm not lampable (He cant write if hes not high (Lit up like a lamp)
              Asking my man'll get you slapped down (Asking questions that make you appear suspicious will get you beaten up), play the anthem (If you have heard this song, then you were warned already by this song, because this is the song anthem stating that warning)

Lit it Light the weed with a lighter who with it (Asking whos part of his circle of freinds, that will get drunk/high with him) champagne get it (Somebody pick up alcohol for the party), that's the ticket(Thats the key to a sucessful party)

Comment

Props once again for your effort, appreciate it!

Can't rep you no more cause "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 7thdayz again."

Comment

by listening to these songs after a long time, have to say this is a hell of an album, deserves so much more attention!! Wu-Tang Clan at that time were beasts and present the HIP HOP style that i always loved!!

props for these explanations of stuff i would never ever understand or figure out what the hell they even talk about... its just the problem to not have american english as mother language..

Comment

Throw up the tech = reaching upward with your iPhone to get a better video for YouTube hits,lol.

7days is right but this is what came to mind

Slam the striped edition = lowered car with pin striping, possible special make a if car

Bamboo = big bamboo rolling papers so might be a joint/blunt slang
                    Last edited by jackcorgi; 12-14-2018, 08:09 PM.
                    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by jackcorgi View Post
                      Slam the striped edition = lowered car with pin striping, possible special make a if car
                      I don't know shit about cars, but that's exactly what I wrote lol. Maybe I phrased it wrong lol. Not a car guy. Half of NY aint lol.

Originally posted by jackcorgi View Post
                      Bamboo = big bamboo rolling papers so might be a joint/blunt slang
                      Nah, cus he woulda said smoke that bamboo, or something similar. Normally you'd be right tho. Plus, raekwons from Staten island, n not many people from Stat speak like that. At least, not as bad as he is. He's got the accent, but speaks more like he's from queens, etc. Very different places, so sometimes words take on a different meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thdayz View Post
                        (A type of shoe famous in NY, with laces only near the top of the shoe)
                        not only in NY but yea those are normaly Clarks Wallabee 's and especially yellow ones are like the classic timberland 's
                        i still got two pairs - one black and one dark brown ^^
                        collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

People really think these are cool?

Comment

unfortunately, still not much clearer

Originally posted by 7thdayz View Post
                            Shake them niggaz

Scary hours(After midnight), long money out (Has large amounts of cash with him), smash the guiness stout

Play the outfield (Taking back and sideroads to avoid police detection/is careful, watches for cops), Lucille, switched cracks on chill

To Queens

A Wiley (A person who is willing to raise hell/wile out) kingpin who also slam the stripe edition

What up? Corleone smoke the bone (Smoke crack/weed), Tone phone me

Rocking Nike Air, Rastafarian bird, piping that (Smokin the same drugs he selling)

Fronting like he's sitting on a lump, he's sitting on junk jump

You wanna rock rep, step in yellow Wallabies (A type of shoe famous in NY, with laces only near the top of the shoe)

But right now, Son it still shine (Calls him son because they are both 5% nation gang members), shed light now (Use his power over man bacause hes a 5% gang member to fix the situation)

Breakdown, liquidate God (He orders him to kill this other guy), fucking grab the nickel plate

'Spenser: For Hire'(Hes calling someone a detective), tension when we mention Dryer

Comment

People really think these are cool?
                              they are really cool to wear - leather shoe with crepe sole - but its not everybodies style - i understand

Last edited by BlacPain; 12-14-2018, 11:20 PM.
                              collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X