Cormega Warns Nas, "It's Not In His Best Position To Look To Beef W/ Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cormega Warns Nas, "It's Not In His Best Position To Look To Beef W/ Me

Rapper Cormega recently spoke on his G-Unit affiliation and explained why his former rap associate Nas should not invest time in dissing him.

While denying reports of signing with the Unit, Mega addressed a recent rumor of Nas shooting a verbal jab his way while recording a video in Queens last month.

"My life is bigger than thinking about rap n*ggas," Mega said in an interview. "I don't give a f*ck about rap n*ggas. Like [Tony] Yayo, I met Yayo through two different channels...I'm cool with G-Unit, we never even discussed none of that [signing deals.] Just because you see me rocking with n*ggas --I find it funny how n*ggas like G-Unit catch so much heat from New York...Them n*ggas show more love than a lot of the n*ggas that be dissing them...First of all, it's not in [Nas'] best interest to do that because once he does then it opens the door for me to respond. Number two -- I don't even know how long he was out there. Like if you look at the footage, there's barely anybody outside. And the n*gga wasn't even out there long, he left. I'm not the type of dude who looks for beef. It's not in his best position to look to beef with me or look for problems with me." (Hip Hop Gossip Site)
    Footage of Nas speaking on his newborn's birth and "presence" in Queens landed online late last month.

In a recent viral clip featuring former Nas affiliate Cormega and Tony Yayo going on a "tour" of Queens, the G-Unit member quipped that "You don't see Nas around here." While not identifying the clip directly, Nas took time to light-heartedly address that and similar accusations made that he doesn't visit his old neighborhood. "We're out here, like my n***as Lox say, with no security," Nas stated. "In my hood, this is my motherf**king hood. My hood, n***a! Trust that! But much love, this is a beautiful thing." (Life Pulse Blog)
    Yayo previously called out Nas when recording a video alongside Mega from Queens last month.

"Queenbridge, Cormega, tell 'em where we at," Yayo said in an interview earlier this month. "You don't see Nas out here. August 13th, everything free. Come out here. Lamar Odom, Floyd Mayweather is gonna be here. That's how I roll. When you're in the hood you gotta be extra careful. They say I'm never in the hood, well, I'm in the hood. They always say I'm in the hood. I'm in the hood with Cormega and you already know what it is." (ThisIs50)
    Despite rhyming together on The Firm, Nas and Mega eventually parted ways, exchanging disses at one another on tracks like Stillmatic's "Destory & Rebuild."

"He held a mass appeal and a little boy smile," Nas rapped about Mega in 2001. "Depressed has a complex his mouth was foul/You need to stay around I feel like telling some stories/First theres this arrogent f*ck, his names Cory/Hung around my mans Like and Big Trevor/Trevors still locked up, Likes getting his cheddar/Cory changed his name to arr, whatever/Cornchip, Buckwheat lookalike, its Mega/Right Mega was his name sorry about that/But its so hard to put a cowards name in my rap/Always acting tough, a jokester be fronting/He got snuffed, he got shot in the thigh, he did nothing/But thats Nas always looking out for breadrin/Cause when brethren don't return love it don't stress him." ("Destroy & Rebuild")
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X