MC Hammer Refutes Reports Of Tax Troubles, Explains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC Hammer Refutes Reports Of Tax Troubles, Explains

MC Hammer responded to reports of IRS trouble Wednesday (August 12), claiming the six-figure number he owes Uncle Sam is from 15 years ago, and was supposedly already taken care of.

He said he plans to dispute the tax liens.

"I paid the IRS 100 percent of their claim," said Hammer. "In the past year or so, they decided -- wrongly -- that I owned them additional taxes from 15 years ago. I am contesting this claim through my tax attorneys and my case is making its way through the IRS appeal process. I hope to be successful."

The rapper (real name: Stanley Burrell) further explained that the alleged past due amount of approximately $625,000 is not related to his current successful business ventures and have no impact on them. Instead, it dates back to his previous bankruptcy.

Hammer currently owns or works on several businesses including: Dance Jam, his own record label, production company, and musical appearances, as well as other ventures.

He is also the star of a new A&E reality show called "Hammertime," and is one of Twitter's top users with 1.2 million followers (@MCHammer).

MC Hammer said this week's tax reports incorrectly give the impression that that the music star is facing new financial issues, but that is not the case.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X