Bobby Creekwater Leaves Shady Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Creekwater Leaves Shady Records

Atlanta rapper Bobby Creekwater has become the latest artist to jump ship from Shady Records boat, following the departures of other artists such as Obie Trice and Stat Quo.

This month, the rapper revealed the split via a conversation with blogger Maurice Garland, calling it a business decision.

"I'm no longer with Shady no more, we parted ways," Bobby said. "It was a business decision. Wasn't no bad blood or nothing like that. ... It was just a business decision. The relationship just ran its term."

According to the rapper, he'd been sitting on the shelf too long -- nearly four years long -- and decided it was time he took hold of his own destiny.

When his situation at Shady Records continued to sit at a standstill, Bobby called the label executives and he was allowed to leave without all the red tape and politics that most artists deal with when leaving.

"That particular relationship wasn't helping, as far as the plans I have for Bobby Creekwater. So, we just parted ways. I didn't get dropped," he said. "I felt like it was time to move on. I made a phone call to Paul (Eminem's longtime manager and business partner) one Sunday morning. We had a talk. I said 'I think it's time for me to go my way.' He said he understood.

"They left me go my way and do my thing," he continued. Now, he's ready to move forward.

Bobby also explained that the label was in debt to Interscope, due to some of their more recent projects not performing as well as they'd like, prompting Eminem's return, which in turn pushed Bobby's project further to the back of the line.

Instead of waiting indefinitely for his project to become a priority, the rapper opted to leave.

"Shady had to pay some bills because they had released some projects that didn't do as well, or what have you," Creekwater explained. "So, Em had to go make that right. Em making that right, Creekwater would have to do more waiting.

"It's one of those things where you are your first concern. I couldn't afford to do anymore waiting. It was time to move on," he continued.

At present time, Creekwater says finding another deal isn't his immediate concern. Neither is trying to land another major label situation. He says all he's worried about now it making music and connecting with fans.

Bobby Creekwater is preparing the release of a new project, titled The Day It All Made Sense, which drops later this month on his own BGOV, Inc imprint.

For more info, visit him at IBobbyCreek.com
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

That is no surprise.Not at all. I dont even know why he got signed. Next to go is cashis. Eminem should have kept Obie and signed Royce when he had the chance. But 50 is bringing more money so i guess its cool.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X