C-Murder Sentenced To Life In Prison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Murder Sentenced To Life In Prison

After being found guilty for second-degree murder in a second jury verdict this week -- twice -- rapper C-Murder was sentenced to life in prison, without the possibility of parole.

According to the Associated Press, District Judge Hans Liljeberg gave the 38-year-old rapper (real name: Corey Miller) the mandatory life sentence following his conviction in the 2002 shooting of 16-year-old fan Steve Thomas at a now-closed nightclub in Harvey, Louisiana.

C-Murder was found guilty in the case on Tuesday morning (August 11), but Liljeberg made the jury return to deliberations because he suspected they had rushed their verdict to end deliberation.

He had already been convicted in 2003 in the same case, but had that conviction overturned on appeal.

The jury voted 10-2 in their second verdict, finding that C-Murder shot Thomas once in the chest as the teen lay on his back while being beaten by the rapper's friends back in January 2002.

According to MTVNews.com, prosecutors said Tuesday that they were confident in the verdict and did not believe an appeal would be filed.

On Friday (August 14), the judge rejected a request from the rapper's attorney for a new trial, and the life sentence comes without the possibility of parole.

In a separate case, C-Murder has pleaded no contest to another second-degree attempted-murder charge, stemming from a 2001 incident at Baton Rouge, Louisiana's Club Raggs, where he allegedly pulled a gun on a bouncer.

His sentencing in the Club Raggs case is scheduled for August 25.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

didnt he have a friend that was under investigation for murder too, was it actually c murder?
    F-N-F
    THE REMIX KING
    / Certified Music Critic

Comment

I read he had a friend who he was with the night it happened, confess that he actually did it and he is already serving life. Damn he's done for good now with this verdict.

Comment

thats too bad, but i knew it!
        F-N-F
        THE REMIX KING
        / Certified Music Critic

Comment

C-Murder To Judge:I Can Haz Freedom?
          Lol,but dude should have thought about this when all that shit went down.

Don't do the crime if ya can't do the time.

Comment

Call urself C-Murder and say u didn`t do the murder lol

Comment

If you live like a law abiding citizen this sort of stuff wouldnt happen

Comment

It amazes me how someone can get such a great opportunity in life and throw it away. He'll be tapping on desks doing prison freestyles for Bubba now.

Comment

I can honestly say that I've never heard even one of his tracks but from what I've read and seen about him he is an idiot and I hope he spends the rest of his life rotting away in jail.

You try to take a gun into a night club and then when you get refused entry you shoot into the crowd of people in the lobby of the club??!!

What a prick.

I don't know the circumstances of the fan he killed apart from he shot the 16 year old KID after his entourage had beat him down and he lay beaten on the ground.

A real stand up citizen, I think jail is too good for him.
                  "Fuck you muthafuckers cuz I'm finally living Big Time"

Comment

The kid he killed was a huge fan of c murder, what was c murders reason for killing him?

Comment

what a faggot.. i stood up for him after that murder shit... thinkin that he didnt do it.. but after i saw this video and how stupid the situation was for him to start shooting this time.. i am now convinced that he would have not thought twice about shooting someone right after they get there ass beat just so they can prove a point.. this nigga had it all.. and he through it away for some dumb shit like this and in the process through someone elses life away... fuk him.. the only way i woulda done that is if someone pulled the strap on me and didnt kill me first...

Comment

For life , o shit , he never saw it coming .
                        This is what happens when u loose your self and do something really stupid which ends the rest of your life.

Comment

Wow how can dude go one and kill his on fan? And it was a kid so thats even more fucked up man. Let that stupid motherfucker rot in jail. Fuck C-murder.
                          Wall Of Shame:

Not enough room in sig for all the fails..

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X