Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabolous Reveals Secret Lloyd Banks Collabo, "Sha Money Got It & Not Letting It Go"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabolous Reveals Secret Lloyd Banks Collabo, "Sha Money Got It & Not Letting It Go"

Fabolous recently spoke on his respect for Lloyd Banks' lyrical skills and claimed his secret collaboration record with the G-Unit member is being held by Sha Money XL.

In addition to explaining what he would have done with the collaboration if he had it, F-a-b-o also broke down why his rap hustle was parallel to the "Punchline King's."

"We kinda came up together too," Fab said in an interview with DJ Whoo Kid. "Because at the same we was coming in, I saw him coming in under 50 [Cent]. I always respected Banks' lyrical talent as well because he was one of the dudes that actually puts words together and does it cleverly. I always tipped my hat to him when I saw him. We did numerous tours together. I never had [the mystery collaboration]. It was Banks' record. They got it. Sha Money got it and not letting it go -- if I would have had it, it would have been out. I would just let it go on a mixtape, you would have been had it." (Radio Planet TV)
    Fab also hinted at the duo's joint track in an interview earlier this summer.

"I wanna do something with Banks," Fab revealed in an interview. "I respect Banks' pen game. We actually, I don't know, he got a song on the cut with me and him that we did for one of his albums back in the days so I don't know what he did with it. I don't know if I got at him too good on it and he ain't wanna put it out, you know what I mean. [laughs] That was a little jab so we can get him to get in and get a new joint out. But I f*ck with Banks and so whenever he's ready we can get it." (This Is 50)
    Street Fam associate Joe Budden also spoke on his admiration for Banks and desire to record a record with him last month.

"I wanna do a song with Lloyd Banks," Budden revealed in a live blog chat on Friday (July 3) afternoon alongside his friend/producer Dough Boy. "I gotta get him, pause. Yeah, that's what I want. I think he's ducking me. I think Banks was dope and then he fell the f*ck off and then he got right back up. So personally, for me, I would want to do a song with him. Nah, he don't got no personality. I'd have to see if I could tear him up [on a record]." (Blog TV)
    Aside from comparisons, Fab recently celebrated Loso's Way becoming the number one album in the country earlier this month.

Fabolous' Loso's Way debuted at No. 1 this week with 99,000 copies sold throughout the country. Following behind the Def Jam artist's release was Daughtry's Leave This Town which pushed 62,000 and Maxwell's Black Summer's Night at No. 3 with 55,200 sold records. (SOHH Sales Wrap)
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X