UPDATE: 50 Cent Cancels NY Concert, "He Has No Plans To Perform Whatsoever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: 50 Cent Cancels NY Concert, "He Has No Plans To Perform Whatsoever

50 Cent has reportedly decided to withdraw himself from performing at his upcoming "Family Day" event in Queens, New York a day after concerns of him being a possible shooting target began to spread.

While he may not perform, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the rapper may still make an appearance.

"Our understanding after talking with 50 Cent is he has no plans to perform whatsoever. He might go, but he's not going to perform," Mayor Bloomberg said in an interview. (New York Post)
    According to yesterday's reports, the event will be heavily guarded for the protection of Fif and the people attending.

The planned appearance has sparked concerns from local authorities, who have recruited an "army of cops" to shut down the area, fearing violence will break out if a shooter takes aim at Jackson. There will be "hundreds" of cops - including officers from special gang units - who will be present. Community Board 12 manager Yvonne Reddick says, "The concern is the [lack of] manpower. That's a lot of people. The park is surrounded by a residential community." (Contact Music)
    New York residents spoke on what they believed would happen during 50's set.

"There's word out there that there's going to be some shootings, Mike Terrients, 15, said. "Some of my friends' parents are saying that they don't want them to go because something is going to happen." Organizers and the Parks Department stressed that Mr. Cent wouldn't actually take the stage, however, his publicist said he would make an appearance. (NBC News)
    The event is scheduled to take place at the end of August.

His concert is part of a "Family Day" sponsored by the G-Unity Foundation and the Bette Midler-founded New York Restoration Project, so it promises to be kid friendly. The rapper will host the event on Sunday, August 30th in the schoolyard at PS 40, located in Jamaica, Queens. 50 Cent is set to make an appearance at the neighborhood's "Family Day" on the school grounds around 5:30pm (Cleveland Leader)

Lmao so much for his "gangsta" persona he likes to project. Dude's probably still scare from the last shots he got.
    Wall Of Shame:

Not enough room in sig for all the fails..

Comment

he cant perform, he is horrible live

Comment

He can't perform to save his life and now he is approaching the end of his career.
        He should quit already.

Comment

Damn Fifdy say it aint so, but yeah I think 50 might stop I have a feeling because all the hate he has been getting for the last few years.Hopefully he won't though.

Comment

Originally posted by DPG92© View Post
            Damn Fifdy say it aint so, but yeah I think 50 might stop I have a feeling because all the hate he has been getting for the last few years.Hopefully he won't though.
            Yeah i agree, ALOT of people hate on him....but when wangsta first hit everybody was on his nutz.lol..probley the same people that hate..lol...
            If you could get money to kill people
            You could get money to help people

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X