50 Cent & Lil Wayne Prepare To Give Fans Peek "Behind The Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent & Lil Wayne Prepare To Give Fans Peek "Behind The Music

50 Cent and Lil Wayne will reportedly be featured on VH1's upcoming "Behind The Music" re-launch series and will provide fans with an in-depth look into their roles as G-Unit and Young Money Records bosses.

Weezy will steal the first televised time slot as 50 will be featured a month later.

Lil Wayne will be profiled on the show's return to the channel's regular rotation on September 10th at 9pm et/pt. According to the Interscope website, 50 Cent will follow suit a month later as he will be profiled on the October 13th episode airing at 8pm et/pt. 50's "Behind The Music" air date is rumored to coincide with the new release date for his highly anticipated forthcoming LP, Before I Self Destruct. (Def Sounds)
    Despite having rap differences in the past, Weezy shocked fans last weekend as the G-Unit leader appeared on Wayne's Young Money Presents: America's Most Wanted tour alongside Soulja Boy Tell Em.

"Okay, you're right," Fif told the screaming California crowd as he prepared to perform 'Okay, You're Right'. "What's up? I'm in that 760 leanin when I'm stuntin'/I blow 50 G's, I mean with ease like this is nothin'/Please don't interrupt me when I'm talkin to my jeweler/He's puttin them diamonds all over my Franck Muller/Me I get busy, I put that work in if it's worth it/Come through hit you up, I'll make a crime scene perfect" (YouTube)
    Initial reports last spring said Wayne would be the first of ten artists VH1 planned to profile for its upcoming "Behind The Music" season.

Lil Wayne and Scott Weiland have signed on to participate, with the network near agreements with several other artists. The cable network is ordering about 10 new episodes of "Music," bringing back the iconic documentary program that ran for several years on VH1 starting in 1997. (Billboard)
    The in-depth program is known for looking at popular artists' personal lives, with past shows on The Notorious B.I.G., Outkast, Diddy and more.

VH1 stopped airing regular episodes of "BTM" in 2002, then aired only a few a year until 2006. In focus groups, VH1 found "BTM" is so deeply associated with the channel, some viewers assumed the series never left the air. The show's storytelling model of the meteoric rise, tragic fall and sober rebirth of an artist was so distinctive that "The Simpsons" devoted a 2000 episode to parodying the show. (The Hollywood Reporter)
    Check out 50 Cent's surprise appearance during Lil Wayne's tour below:

thats good i always loved watching behind the music, it really does give you a deep insight into the artist lives and also very informative at the same time

i cant wait to see what weezy's is gonna be i know they're gonna speak on the whole addiction situation

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X