No announcement yet.

Yung Joc Wants Off Bad Boy, "Why Am I Even Signed If I Can't Put Music Out?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yung Joc Wants Off Bad Boy, "Why Am I Even Signed If I Can't Put Music Out?"

Yung Joc Wants Off Bad Boy, "Why Am I Even Signed If I Can't Put Music Out?"

Bad Boy's Yung Joc has lashed out against Diddy's company and announced plans to be released from the Bad Boy brand.

Claiming he cannot legally release music commercially, Joc explained his recent strategy of dropping free mixtapes and the status with Bad Boy.

"Honestly, there is no current situation with Bad Boy right now," Joc explained in an interview. "We've been in talks about me being possibly released. I don't think at the present time that that regime is the right outfit for me at the moment considering I work very hard as an artist and I'm still in a position where I'm not able to put out my music because of some conflicts of interest. Currently at the moment, there are definitely some talks between myself and Bad Boy, the attorneys, to push for a release. Why am I even signed if I can't put my music out? Yeah, I'm being held back in a sense. It's no hard feelings and once again it's no regrets...We in lawsuits, I can't release an album commercially and it is what it is..." (Rolling Out TV)
    The Atlanta-based emcee previously broke down the specifics behind his issues with Bad Boy earlier this summer.

"I haven't been paid any royalties since I've been out, after over a million albums sold," Joc said in an interview. "For my first album, they gave me a $25,000 advance when I was supposed to get more...Then I had a million dollar budget for my second album, never even got an advance off of it. For the third one they hit me with another $25,000, like I'm some chump in this sh*t. And I just got tired of it...Diddy said he's got to stay out of it because it's between me and Block Entertainment. I was never signed to Block Entertainment, but they've been interfering with a lot of my business. I feel like [Bad Boy] isn't doing anything to try to intervene and help the situation." (Billboard)
    News broke out last May of Joc's decision to take legal action against Diddy and his company.

Joc plans to sue both labels due to contractual situations, unpaid royalties and advances and of course, lack of support. Joc says he's even paid for his own PR, never got advance money and even says his former management (9196, owned by Big Block) got him in a "360" deal taking a piece of his money from every angle. SO what will happen? Time will tell. (Rap Basement)
    The rapper's relationship with Diddy began roughly three years ago.

Joc hooked up with Russell "Block" Spencer and his Block Enterprises label and released the hard club track "It's Goin' Down" in early 2006. The track became an Atlanta favorite and eventually landed on the desk of Sean "Diddy" Combs. Spencer had already brought the group Boyz N da Hood to Diddy, and with Joc sounding like the very hot Young Jeezy and T.I., Diddy felt he had the right artist to take his fledgling Bad Boy South label to the top. Spencer inked a multi-million dollar deal with Bad Boy to sign Yung Joc and his label Mastermind along with Spencer's own Block Enterprises. (All Music)

id rather have yung joc stay on bad boy then
    F-N-F
    THE REMIX KING
    / Certified Music Critic

Comment

It is true though , your signed to a label and yet u still can't release shit.
      Anyway who gives a shit about the jockster

Comment

^^rofl...for real...i hadnt even noticed...

Comment

Damn thats some bullshit, he's right why have him signed, if you ain't putting out dude' music. On another note I really don't like him, or anyone else who has "Lil, or Yung" in their names.
          Wall Of Shame:

Not enough room in sig for all the fails..

Comment

Young Joc Strap should pick another career imo. And I agree with "young, lil" thing Rak, gay as hell.

Comment

damn those 360 deals are a fuckin bitch

see thats why his grind flu record was leaked and if im not mistaken didnt he leak it himself?

Comment

I think the same problem or something around that happened to another Bad Boy Label artist Loon

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X