Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drake Talks "Forever" Verses, "Eminem Raps In A Way Where Nobody Might Have Heard"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake Talks "Forever" Verses, "Eminem Raps In A Way Where Nobody Might Have Heard"

News: Drake Talks "Forever" Verses, "Eminem Raps In A Way Where Nobody Might Have Heard"
    Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Share|
    Friday, August 28, 2009 19:31:57

Drake broke his silence on his highly-anticipated "Forever" collaboration record with Lil Wayne, Kanye West and Eminem this week and explained why each emcee held their own on the unexpected track.

While giving props to each emcee, Drizzy said his Young Money president had one of the best bars.

"Everybody does their thing on that song," Drake told DJ Drama last night over the Hot 107.9 airwaves in Atlanta. "My favorite line on the song, though, is when Wayne says, 'Life is such a roller coaster and then it drops/ but what should I scream for, this is my theme park.' That right there, word-play-wise, that's my favorite. But everybody does their thing. Kanye does Kanye. Eminem raps in a way where nobody might have heard him rap in a long time and says some things that are great for his fans to hear. I'm just proud to even be on the record. People are telling me they like my verse. I'm just happy I held my own." (MTV)
    The song's producer, Boi-1da, also shared his reaction to the star-studded record.

"It was originally supposed to be a song that Drake was supposed to come out to, maybe we were trying to make it like a first single," he explained. "Somehow it got leaked out onto the Internet, a version with him, Wayne and some dude named [Nut da] Kid and everybody was upset about it or whatever, but we knew that it was just a huge record and we had to do it justice...Honestly I?m gonna have to be biased and say Drake [had the best verse.] Really it?s between Drake and Eminem. I?ve never seen anybody hold up on a song with Eminem, like usually Eminem blows out. Drake?s my dude, and he?s my favorite rapper, but knowing Eminem I thought he was gonna blow by everybody, but Drake came strong. It?s like a toss up. And like that?s never been done before, I never heard a toss up between Eminem, it?s always just Eminem cause he?s a monster." (XXLMag)
    Drizzy led the song and reflected on his rise as an independent artist to critical acclaim.

"Last name Ever, first name Greatest," Drake raps. "Like a sprained ankle, boy, I ain't nothin' to play with/Started off local, but thanks to all the haters/I know G4 pilots on a first-name basis/In your city faded off the brown, Nino/She insists she got more class, we know/Swimming in the money, come and find me, Nemo/If I was at the club you know I balled, chemo/Dropped a mixtape, that sh*t sounded like an album/Who'd thought a country-wide tour be the outcome Labels want my name beside an X like Malcolm/Every got a deal, I did it without one Yeah, n*gga, I'm about my business/Killin' all these rappers, you would swear I had a hitlist Everyone who doubted me is askin' for forgiveness/If you ain't been a part of it, at least you got to witness/B*tches." ("Forever")
    Young Money President Mack Maine previously confirmed the song's existence and expressed his response to the track's overall sound.

While Friday (August 2 has been the speculated date for its release, the record will indeed surface sometime this week. One thing that is set in stone, however, is the quality."The record was mastered this past weekend and honestly it sounds better than ever," said Young Money President Mack Maine.. (Karen Civil)

lol... all the verses were shit.. other than em's
    Bushi.until i get free says (22:15):
    the weed yeah
    first it was fucking me up coz i was thinking deeper
    but then was lik
    oh a fucking octopus

Comment

^^^^ I 100% agree that all the verses were shit, other then Em's verse. He killed it on his verse.

Comment

Drake is just a stupid fuckin dick rider .

lol at him sayin wayne had one of the best verse on the song. lol
        go to hell , you talk shit

Drake himself had a better verse then wayne and that was shit aswell.
        Kanye was ok.

None of them were any where near eminem , Em slaughterd them on thier own fuckin song.

This is the eminem i want to see more of on the relapse 2 , yes plz

Eminem changes his style to something really exciting and goes insane delivering a dope ass verse

Comment

I can't wait til the Pac album comes out. It will be like "Who is Drake or Lil Wayne again?". Can't believe people are praising this mediocre crap. Em dissapoints me.

Comment

^ Who is praising it man ?

The beat i did not like at all and i really think it was cheap.
            But u can not deny the way eminem changed his style was awesome and he dropped an insane verse.

Comment

I guess im just a fan of the 96 - 2000 Eminem style. I really hate the direction hip-hop has taken with these plastic beats. People are talking like this is some special track. It sounds like crap to me.

Comment

I also dislike hip hop these days, i have not listened to anything past 2005, except for relapse.

Music i listen to ranges from 93-2005

Regarding forever.
                It is an awful track , but it has a crazy verse by em.

As i was dissapointed in relapse , this is the em i was looking for and not only me , this is like the classic em we all know of.

I have a feeling relapse 2 will be much better then the first 1.
                Last edited by >War|Gamez<; 08-31-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah though I Haven't listened to current rap not cuz it sucks but I listen to so many things outside of rap.The other day one of my friends was talking about Kid CuDi and told me If I liked him I said no and he took it quite bad.He was so offended.

He went hard but I told him I don't even listen to music on the radio.

and Hell I haven't watched TV for so long crappy ass DTV f that as well.

Comment

theres a difference.... you cant say all current rap as you all say is shit.. no no boo boo.. its this mainstream.. scheming to just get money rap thats shit.. and drake is not one of thesee mainstream guys

and to put him in such a category is unfair cause you all only lookin at the record label he on and dont deny the shit... cause he on lil wayne. label? shit truth be told wayne is not as bad as you fucks make him out to be.. no lie.. he has potential.. and he's up their.. with the big guys im sure of it lol..

with this being said.. as many times as i heard this song.. i dont even remember eminems part .. lol i swear i dont :/

and lol.. im sorry no hate.. but im just bein real.. if pac was alive.. i swear he'd be looked upon as one of these mainstream ass rappers.. im jsut sayin....
                    Last edited by kace; 09-11-2009, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kace View Post
                      theres a difference.... you cant say all current rap as you all say is shit.. no no boo boo.. its this mainstream.. scheming to just get money rap thats shit.. and drake is not one of thesee mainstream guys

and to put him in such a category is unfair cause you all only lookin at the record label he on and dont deny the shit... cause he on lil wayne. label? shit truth be told wayne is not as bad as you fucks make him out to be.. no lie.. he has potential.. and he's up their.. with the big guys im sure of it lol..

with this being said.. as many times as i heard this song.. i dont even remember eminems part .. lol i swear i dont :/

and lol.. im sorry no hate.. but im just bein real.. if pac was alive.. i swear he'd be looked upon as one of these mainstream ass rappers.. im jsut sayin....
                      Nah it ain't like that I don't hate these cats, that pac statement was irrelevant (well to me at least) in this thread(People have free-will and can hate whatever or like whatever they want some of you guys act like pac rules over these people and controls them well some people have free-will)

Plus hates a strong word.I Don't really watch TV at all anymore or listen to the radio its not because it sucks or anything.I'm not that type of person to complain about the current rap scene.

Wayne gets too much hate agree with that (its a trend among pac fans and old-school rap fans they gotta relieve that its not the 1980's or 90's anymore times have changed just like making pac remixes sometimes that stuff might be outdated everything gotta change) and yeah its funny when people say that they just doing this to get money isn't that what most stuff out there is about lol since the begging of time really.

What I find funny as well about the latter statement I made is that rap in the 80's and 90's talked about girls,guns drugs etc. just as they do now so when people say that it, it's funny they act like rappers talked about something different in those times.
                      Last edited by Macello; 09-12-2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Drake and Wayne's voice and flow makes me wanna kill myself, plus the voice harmonizer thing in the hook is getting old and played out.

I understand my standards might be too high but this track doesn't strike me as anything special, i literately had to choke my way through utter shit just to get to Ems verse.

Comment

Originally posted by DPG92© View Post
                          Nah it ain't like that I don't hate these cats, that pac statement was irrelevant (well to me at least) in this thread(People have free-will and can hate whatever or like whatever they want some of you guys act like pac rules over these people and controls them well some people have free-will)

Plus hates a strong word.I Don't really watch TV at all anymore or listen to the radio its not because it sucks or anything.I'm not that type of person to complain about the current rap scene.

Wayne gets too much hate agree with that (its a trend among pac fans and old-school rap fans they gotta relieve that its not the 1980's or 90's anymore times have changed just like making pac remixes sometimes that stuff might be outdated everything gotta change) and yeah its funny when people say that they just doing this to get money isn't that what most stuff out there is about lol since the begging of time really.

What I find funny as well about the latter statement I made is that rap in the 80's and 90's talked about girls,guns drugs etc. just as they do now so when people say that it, it's funny they act like rappers talked about something different in those times.
                          yea if ya read and comprehend.. it was relevant.. cause pac was one of those mainstream type rappers.. those type of rappers that people dislike so much these days...

and i didnt say you all hated them. at all if you read what i said.. i was saying that i wasnt hating on pac.. before the statement i made.. so .. that free will blah blah blah bullshit.. wasnt relevant.. really.. although i get you.. it wasnt needed to be said..

everything else you said.. although having no point to what i was saying.. i agree with .. completely

Comment

never really cared for em (although some of his earlier stuff lyrically was fire) but this song is nice. dont care for wayne or kanye either but drake is a decent rapper and has some hot rnb tracks as well

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X