No announcement yet.

Lloyd Exposes Irv Gotti's Murder Inc, "I Was Forced To Record W/ My Own Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyd Exposes Irv Gotti's Murder Inc, "I Was Forced To Record W/ My Own Money

R&B singer Lloyd has announced his departure from Irv Gotti's Murder Inc. and said the lack of support from his former company forced him to leave a record label known for being the home to Ja Rule and Ashanti.

Lloyd said his decision was mostly based on the current state of affairs at Murder Inc.

"I've made a lot of changes," Lloyd said in an interview. "I'm happy than I've ever been. I'm happy to say I worked out my own release and I am very optimistic about the future. Ever since I was signed, I was dedicated to trying to make good music, something that's worth hearing. And just trying to work with this rubble that I was given and build something out of it -- being the current state of the label when I first arrived. I didn't really have too much to work with...The label itself had no distribution. I was forced to record my own music with my own money with my own friends, while I was still under contract. All I had was me and my management and my friends in Atlanta...It wasn't so much person as it was business. I've learned to separate the two and sometimes in this business there is no friendship, no bottom line. The sad thing is a lot of young guys come into the game very early without knowledge or without a guidance in their lives and they fall victim to the glitz and the glam. I always try to look past that and keep my eyes on the prize which was becoming a great artist and really making music history one way or another." (Lloyd Music TV)
    The Inc's Newz previously said Lloyd was still an active artist on the label.

"'It's Still Murda' dropped a couple days ago," Newz explained in an interview earlier this summer. "Fire, featuring your boy Rule. You know what it is man. [My album] Hunting Season is coming. We got Ja, Game, Jadakiss, probably get a couple of R&B n*ggas or something on there...Lloyd still there. Ashanti there, Gotti said he's gonna drop her but she's still there. Rule there, I'm there." (In The Box TV)
    Last June, Irv responded to accusations made by Lloyd about his role on The Inc.

"He is still signed with Murder Inc. and I will make a decision shortly on what I am gonna do with him," Gotti wrote in a statement. "His last record didn't sell well at all. And, once again, he had his CREATIVE freedom to do whatever he wanted to do. But for some reason the people did not respond to the album or to him. But I will decide what I wanna do! As always when it comes to me, it's Murder For Life! And anyone who doesn't wanna be apart of that, I will take into consideration." (Statement)
    A press release was initially sent out with Lloyd expressing his displeasure with The Inc.

"I'm ready for a change," Lloyd stated. "There's no bad blood. I just feel I need to take more control over my career and get a fresh start. Hopefully Irv can understand my position." (Ace Showbiz)

lloyd is my favorite rnb singer today. his first and third albums i didnt care much for, but his second (street love) was an instant classic. i even went to the store and bought a copy lol

Comment

Irving Lorenzo.. lol.. what a pathetic fuck.
      It make homos game at females.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X